Lets see those worship boards

Discussion in 'Worship Service Players' started by jebbo, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Taco101

Taco101 TDPRI Member

I love it. I highly recommend it.

2. DannyStereo

DannyStereo Poster Extraordinaire

Sweet! I've been intrigued by the double pedal version for a while

3. DannyStereo

I'm thinking about downsizing my PT Pro with soft case, so I listed up for sale on CL and I got a hit to trade for a PT 1 with hard case. What do you guys think? Right off the bat I can tell I'm gonna have to move the volume pedal off board. Maybe the hum debugger as well.

Thoughts?

Attached Files:

4. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Friend of Leo's

From the looks of your current board, my guess is that such a trade will cause you to change some pedals out. You've got a couple that require a lot of real estate. What do you use the VP for? I'd think seriously about just getting rid of it. You can do swells with your volume knob with some practice, and that gets rid of one huge pedal. Plus you probably won't over use that particular effect as tends to happen with guys who have VP's on their board. What is the huge box on the lower left of your board? Is it a delay? I sometimes run an analog delay along with my Timeline, but usually I don't. In downsizing, I've found that I need to pick one effect of a kind for my board. The exception is OD and Distortion. I usually have one of each of those and I run my EP Pre on all the time. I also had to swap out effects in huge enclosures for effects in smaller enclosures.

So, If I were setting up your board, I would immediately get rid of the VP, I'd pick up a Skreddy Screwdriver deluxe and ditch the Muff, and I would get rid of the huge delay and use the TC Nova by itself. Everybody is different though, so those changes may not be in the cards for you. It's fun to think about what you actually need, and it makes you a better player when you force yourself to make sounds with a minimalist set up.

5. DannyStereo

Yeah that box is a Vox DelayLab. I like it because the analog and modulation sounds are much better than the Nova Delay.

I use my volume pedal as a mute and/or for swells. But that one could be moved off board for sure.

Yeah it's a big decision for sure. Lots to think about.

6. CapnCrunch

I'm not a huge fan of the TC Nova myself, but I do like it's small foot print. I've been going back and forth on maybe buying an Eventide H9. The delays sound fantastic, and it does so much more. In my application, I could get rid of a reverb pedal, a chorus pedal, and a Tremolo pedal, and quit Jonesing for a phase and a Univibe. They take up about as much room as the Nova but they do all the algorithms of the Eventide "Factor" pedals plus the Eventide Space. A friend brought one to WT practice last week, and I was pretty blown away by it. Don't know if you've seen it, but I immediately thought of it as a small pedal board's best friend.

7. Worship Tele 1

Worship Tele 1 TDPRI Member

Yep, I'm looking at an H9 too. After I'm done with my current amp mod projects I'd like to demo one for sure.

8. Jag-tele

Jag-tele TDPRI Member

Just added a comp 66 to my pedal chain.

Had to do a little cable magic to get it on the board, but there it is!

Attached Files:

9. CapnCrunch

It is fitting you've got an OCD front and center. You're whole board is white……..OCD.;)

10. Jag-tele

Jag-tele TDPRI Member

Im definitely over the top OCD! The whole white pedals was actually kind of an accident. I totally revamped my board a few years ago after I got disgusted with my tone and pulled all my pedals off my board except the essentials, which happened to be my tu-2, micro amp, and dd-7. Since then I just decided to keep up the white theme as I added. I always get fun comments so its turned into a big joke!

11. DannyStereo

Here's my downsized board. Went from a PT Pro to a PT1.

I have the option to run a volume pedal and/or NYC Big Muff off to the side.

Attached Files:

12. smithsonian

smithsonian Tele-Meister

I traded in my tr-2 and HOF mini, and plus the price I would've paid for another reverb to switch from spring to an ambient reverb easily, I got a strymon flint. I also tried for a second time to get rid of the mojo hand fx bluebonnet in favor of a less aggressive OD, but I have yet to find anything that I think is worth the money and sounds better. I'm using the fat boost as a base clean tone, RL as a base OD tone, and the bluebonnet as a semi clean boost to push the RL into more drive.

Chain is as follows: cs-3>bluebonnet >red llama> t1m VPjr (tuner out to TU-2)> fat boost 3>micro pog> deluxe memory boy> strymon flint

Attached Files:

13. DannyStereo

That Deluxe Memory Boy looks super tasty.

Are you running ye Fatboost 'always on' then?

14. smithsonian

smithsonian Tele-Meister

It's always on when I'm playing my strat or lap steel. I have an epiphone dot I use every once in a while and I turn it off then. Before I had my drive chain bluebonnet(set for high gain)>red llama ( set to low gain and always on)> fb3 (for "extra boost").

And I love the DMB. My board used to be almost all EHX, but I finally got over my obsession with them.

15. DannyStereo

I WAS running an EP booster as 'always on' but I'm trying to simplify my rig.

I was really inspired (and challenged in a way) by a new guitarist at our church who literally has 4 pedals on his board and sounded amazing last weekend.

16. bikeracr

bikeracr Tele-Meister

I don't come over here much anymore, but thought I would post my board, since I tweaked my previous more classic rock-oriented iteration to work more in a contemporary P&W format. I finally have this board exactly how I want it & don't see it changing for a long while...

Signal chain: Guitar - Ernie Ball VP Jr - Moen GEC9 (L1: Barber Tone Press, L2: Zendrive, L3: Timmy, L4: EHX Pitchfork, L5: Whirlwind Orange Phaser + Keeley Mod Boss Trem, L6: Carbon Copy, L7: Amp Channel Switch, L8: AnalogMan ARDX20, L9: Strymon Blue Sky) - Tone King Imperial

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Worship Tele 1

Worship Tele 1 TDPRI Member

Sweet board. I doubt I'd change it much either!

18. Gln1967

Gln1967 TDPRI Member

After a long period of trial and error, finally settled on this set up. Only things I plan to add are a compressor and maybe a Phase 90. I left open spots in case. Board is a Trailer Trash 18"x30".

Signal path: Gtr>input on right side of board>buffer(mounted underneath)>tuner>Wah >RC Booster>Bogner Blue>OCD>volume>output on left side of board>to front of Vox AC30.
    In the fx loop of amp: Nova Delay - Boss DD20 - TC HoF - Boss RV5 - Boss Trem. All patched thru a looper.
    Voodoo Labs PP2 and ISO 5 power everything from underneath.
    Sweet chewy tone at "Heavenly Volume "

Attached Files:

19. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Tele-Holic

Indeed! :D

You can cover any delay/reverb sound in contemporary worship music today. Good stuff!

20. DannyStereo

Nice rig!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.