Let's say you just drilled through the headstock..

Mark617

Tele-Holic
Love the toothpick idea
But honestly, leave it. No build is perfect and that is so minute. A little character

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Remember: the adventurous man who has not made a misstep has a short shelf life!

I was feeling sorry for myself about a big scar left by a throat surgery. The doctor said, "A man with no scars is a man with no stories." That ought to be in a song, if it ain't already.

Last edited:

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
People are obviously toying with you in this thread, and nobody seems willing to speak frankly.

The guitar has been hopelessly compromised and I'm afraid the only practical recourse is to abandon this project and restart with a new guitar for your future endeavors.

However, it doesn't need to go to waste, as I humbly offer my services for finding a home for orphaned, imperfect, guitars such as yours. Send it along and I'll ensure it is appreciated by a new owner. :)
Same here. Btw gorgeous guitar and color scheme

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
In fact I think u were just taking this opportunity to show off your cool guitar . I’m jealous and I might have to build one that looks like it. I might even purposely drill that hole just show how reckless I am

maxvintage

Poster Extraordinaire
Like everybody else said, I'd fill it with a scrap of rosewood whittled down to size, and touch up to blend. You can buy pen blank sized pieces of rosewood at woodcraft. You could even chuck it in a drill and sand it down.

I'd be fussy about it. Get apiece of rosewood, and use a plug cutter to take a 1/4 plug from the piece of rosewood, so face grain will be showing when you plug the hole. Chuck it in a drill and sand it down. When it's the right diameter, add some glue, tap it in, and if needed cut it flush with a sharp chisel, razor blade or flush-cut saw. make sure the grain on you plug is running the same way as the grain on the headstock. I bet I could do that so you'd never be able to tell

TeleTucson

Friend of Leo's
So, apparently I don't know better than to drill a tiny little hole for a string tree free hand. Without a bit of tape on the bit for a depth stop.
Bit of soap on the screw, binding just a bit, thought I,d give it just a scoshe more room. Felt that bit go through right in my feels.
Anyhow, structurally, imagine it,s not the end of the world. Don't have enough rosewood kicking around to generate sawdust for glue mix filler.
Don't recall ever seeing a " Mister Speed" sticker small enough to cover it up in a subtle fashion.

Any hints for fixing this oops it? View attachment 900399

After thinking more about this, the right thing to do is to plug the hole with a short polished 18 karat gold rod level to the surface. Your guitar will have a glint like that from a gold tooth in someone's grin. It will look great against the dark rosewood. Your guitar will be special, and when people ask you can tell them you're not allowed to talk about it. :D

Ronzo

Tele-Afflicted
I was feeling sorry for myself about a big scar left by a throat surgery. The doctor said, "A man with no scars is a man with no stories." That ought to be in a song, if it ain't already.
If you haven’t tried it already, Mederma is borderline miraculous at reducing the appearance of scars. My 30-stitch facial scar and my son’s thyroidectomy scar were both reduced to almost invisibility by that product. Please try it. It may be of great help.

ctmullins

Tele-Meister
Ad Free Member
Rock and Roll does NOT care about a tiny little almost invisible hole like that!

Blues doesn’t care either.

Jazz might, depending on if it’s West Coast Cool Jazz or East Coast Bebop. I guarantee you Dixieland Ragtime don’t care.

Country - well, Willie and George don’t give a hoot, but modern country definitely cares. If you’re modern country, then you better get a plug cutter.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
...if your shop does it to your brand new Fender neck like mine did, go ahead and order a new one because they are buying it.

0000000000000000cool cat.jpg