Let's Be Honest Performers...What is your range?

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Holic
Click here and test your Hz range. Report back!

https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

The lowest range I can hear is 46 hz. The highest I can hear, about 5,400 Hz.

Year over year it's getting worse. Yes, I do own and wear hearing aides. Never when I perform, that would be brutal I bet. Lol.
Yeah, you know what? My sound card doesn't support this range, so I cannot hear it. I can hear it stop at around 8.5k, and the dogs stop barking at that point.....

The Spruce Plan

TDPRI Member
10 to 10k... with a caveat. I can hear to 13k, but over 10k is PAIN. What's odd is the pain remains at freqs I can't hear.
Edit: This is using my Sennheisers plugged into a TASCAM US100.

VintageSG

Poster Extraordinaire
Not so much hear but I'm aware of frequencies down to below 10Hz through my headphones. Hear?, call it 30Hz and be done at the low end.
8.5KHz at the high end, but, if I increase the level, I get clear response from ~10Khz up to ~13.5KHz, then nothing.
I was curious.
The first listen was through Meze Neo headphones. Was it the 'shape' of the response?, so I tried my crazy good open backs. Similar response. Broadly the same with my computer's soundbar, but as the slider went out of my hearing range at the top end, I got a loud 'what the flip are you doing dad?, that's nasty!'
It seems my daughter can hear to ~17.5KHz :)

I tried my 7hz in-ears. these allegedly follow the Harman response curve. About that missing pocket....
It's all in the tuning. Still nothing above 13.5KHz, but no need to raise the levels when going over 8.5-ish KHz.

One interesting side effect. My tinnitus has receded! I can't hear it! At some point when I was moving the slider, I must have hit the desired frequency and it squished it.
When it returns, I'll go back for a second try and pay more attention.

OmegaWoods

Tele-Afflicted
Thanks for posting this.

With my tinnitus, I cannot hear anything above about 5.7k. My wife and I were sitting at the lake this morning and she kept asking me if I could hear this or that bird singing. Sadly, I cannot.

On the low end, I can hear down to about 16hz. I guess if elephants start singing, I'll be all set.

bholder

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
I'm deranged. De-ranged. Used to be able to hit the A above the high E on a guitar. I've lost at least 2 whole steps off the top.

On the other hand, I've gained nearly an octave on the bottom end, so fair trade, I guess.

So used to be E2 to A5, thereabouts, now more like A2 to F4. On a good day.

Oh you mean, what I can hear, not what I can sing? Fuhgeddaboutdit. "Catastrophic High Frequency Hearing Loss". :(

Vladan vmGuitar

TDPRI Member
Reliably, 18 Hz - 12.5 KHz, at 75% Volume.
Below 18 I can hear something going on down to 12 Hz, but I think it is rather some mechanical noise of higher frequency in sync with/ caused by speaker membranes move every 1/12 of a second, not rally a 12 Hz sound.

Above 12.5 KHz, everything is a guess, anyway.

december

Tele-Meister
4Hz - 17.5kHz thru 8" Sterling Audio monitors.
I'm 41 years old. Have always had more sensitive hearing than most. Have always taken proper care of my ears; don't wanna be that 50 year old bass player that can't hear bass anymore.
I can hear the electricity in the walls and the signals from WiFi routers and TV antennae.