1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Let me say it loud: I love Oasis.

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Blazer, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

"College" that's what comes to mind when I hear Liam Gallagher's voice. As that was what I was doing during those years that Oasis were the biggest band in the world. He was one of those nineties voices that like a barb sticks in you.

Noel too, don't get me wrong.

What was Noel thinking when he went "That's the B-side" this song should have been a big hit.

I recently read an interview with Liam in the MOJO where he states (Add thick Mancunian accent) "It's been boring without me innit?"

Indeed it has. I hope the man will return to music soon.

2. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I've never considered myself a fan, for whatever reason, but I've like most everything I've heard

3. Dan R

Dan R Poster Extraordinaire

I'm a fan. "Definitely Maybe" and "What's the Story Morning Glory?" are great records.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  4. Stefanovich

Stefanovich Tele-Holic

The Oasis hate seems to have been based upon their appalling behaviour (at times) and the perception that they were a Beatles ripoff band. Personally, while I hear the Beatles' influence, I found Oasis songs to be thoroughly 90s in style. Furthermore, if I stopped liking bands or musicians based on behaviour, I wouldn't have many acts left to like! This is a long way of saying I like them too.

5. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

One of the best bands ever.

jannodude likes this.
  6. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

I can't stand his whiny, toneless 'voice'. His attitude sucks as well. He tried it on with a couple of Italian heavies in a restaurant once and left most of his teeth behind. Another arrogant little gobshite also got what he deserved for being an obnoxious ****:

Georox, Colo Springs E and Fendereedo like this.
  7. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

2 decent albums at the start, and then a load of fodder. The world has moved on from these primates now....

8. joy-z

joy-z TDPRI Member

I like them too, but I prefer Blur.

9. BBill64

BBill64 Tele-Afflicted

"...SPEND YER DAYZE IN THUH SUNSHEEEEAIIIIIINNNNNNEEE"

10. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

The hardest thing about liking Oasis ? Telling your dad you like Oasis...

Oasis were the British Black Crowes.

Think about it.

And - I like them both.

I want Noel Gallagher and Paul Weller to have a recurring show/podcast/special together.

They can play music if they like and , that would be cool but - that's not what I'd be there for...:lol:

Man I love Noel's guitar in this clip - I want one !

Dan R likes this.
  11. Stingfan73

Stingfan73 Tele-Afflicted

;)

12. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I like what I've heard, but still find them to be pretty unremarkable overall.

I just think it's funny that someone in their camp started this whole idea that they "sound like the Beatles" and it's been repeated so often that other people seem to believe it.

That's the thing about Oasis....totally ordinary band fronted by a couple egotistical guys who have somehow bamboozled people into thinking they are awesome or something, just by repeating over and over to the press (and anyone else who will listen) just how awesome they are.

The emperor ain't wearing any clothes folks.

13. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Poster Extraordinaire

I've thought about it. The only thing in common is a 335 into a Marshall stack.

Stingfan73 likes this.
  14. Mike Eskimo

I thought about it just a hair longer and came up with :

They both wore their influences on their sleeves and occasionally around their necks in the form of bright neon signs that said things like "This is our Faces song !" or "This one could have come from the second record of Abbey Rd - if there was one..."

And so on

BBill64 likes this.
  15. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah but the Black Crowes had chops, groove, a great lead singer and about 20 years worth of great albums. Oasis put about 1 1/2 decent albums at the start of their career (actually Don't Believe The Truth is alright, only because they went out of their way to make it sound like Revolver).

Wait...they both featured brother singers and guitarists who ended up falling out. That's all I got though.

16. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

Never understood the hullabaloo over them. Not bad, but definitely not great. I absolutely loved BritPop back then and always felt they were literally at the bottom of the totem pole. Milquetoast, at best. Really, how could I take Oasis seriously with the likes of Blur, Supergrass, and Radiohead around? Compared to them, Oasis suffered from a serious lack of musical muscle.

Scott

17. EllroyJames

EllroyJames Friend of Leo's

It's only rock & roll..(but I like it)

Alex W likes this.
  18. pondcaster

pondcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Never really got the Beatles comparison either, I mean Oasis kinda rocked, right?

When they first came out, I thought the songs were on the light side but I was only hearing the radio/studio stuff I guess. Then heard the live one they did from Wembley and then I felt like I sorta got it. Hit parade and with everyone hangin' on every syllable, it's big time, imo.

Would love to have seen The Brotherly Love Tour with Chris & Rich touring with Noel & Liam...

19. Mike Eskimo

If you have a Dead jones go see Chris's current thing - the Brotherhood.

Talk about wearing your influences on your peasant hemp tunic sleeves...(hippie rolling his heavily-lidded eyes emoji goes here)

20. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Holic

No. Just no. Admittedly I was a Blur guy, but I bought Morning Glory, and listening to it now, it's so frickin' dull and up its own jacksy.

The new Beatles? Pfft, a bunch of session men. They were barely even Cilla Black. Why Weller has anything to do with them is beyond me.

Colo Springs E likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.