Let me here your "meet cute" story...

Blue

Tele-Afflicted
After reading @Blazer 's thread about reuniting with his high school sweetheart, I thought we could use a thread filled with the cute stories about how you met your partner.

I met my wife Mia when she was 14 and I was 17. She has just moved to Arizona from New York. Her sister was in my grade, and a couple of the girls in my very close group of friends adopted the two new sisters on their first day at school. For Mia and I, it was love at first sight. She was the most adorable thing I'd ever seen.

She was also too young and unbelievably shy. But we spent the next two years very slowly becoming great friends who would flirt, and stare, and geek out for hours about Harry Potter, but never anything more.

Then I graduated and moved to Oregon. Her family moved to New York. Two years later, we randomly bumped into each other at a New Years's celebration. We've been inseparable ever since. We dated for five years, and now we've been married for seven. Best of friends. Still complete geeks. Couldn't be happier.

How about you?

5Gcowfcm.jpg

Z3piEcSm.jpg

I met her over HEAR. :p

Danb541

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
About 20 years ago, I got her to play pool with me at a dive bar. She flirted with me quite a bit (she claims she didn't flirt) then at the end of the night told me she had a boyfriend. It sort pissed me off because I really liked her and felt like I had a shot. I'd see her and her group of friends around after that and didn't really acknowledge her (yes I was sort of a jerk about it). Then a couple months later one of her friends told me she dumped her boyfriend. I immediately asked her on a lunch date. She accepted, yadda yadda yadda... the rest is history.

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
The local apartment complexes in the 1970's had clubs. Usually a DJ played dance music and they sold beer. One of them I frequented was called the Barbary Coast. You entered and went down stairs to the right and there was a bar and rail where single guys lined up waiting for single girls to show up. I had a spot on the rail near the stairs. My future wife came in with a friend. When she reached the bottom of the stairs, I asked if she wanted to dance. She said yes. Later she told me I looked like a bad boy and that was what she was looking for. I guess it was the beard and long hair. We danced, talked and I asked her if she liked motorcycles. She asked why. I said there were flat track races in the Astrodome the coming weekend and I would like to take her. She said yes. I called her the next day and asked her to dinner. She said yes to that. We've been together ever since.

Genelleandjohn1976.jpg

Danb541

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Long hair
The local apartment complexes in the 1970's had clubs. Usually a DJ played dance music and they sold beer. One of them I frequented was called the Barbary Coast. You entered and went down stairs to the right and there was a bar and rail where single guys lined up waiting for single girls to show up. I had a spot on the rail near the stairs. My future wife came in with a friend. When she reached the bottom of the stairs, I asked if she wanted to dance. She said yes. Later she told me I looked like a bad boy and that was what she was looking for. I guess it was the beard and long hair. We danced, talked and I asked her if she liked motorcycles. She asked why. I said there were flat track races in the Astrodome the coming weekend and I would like to take her. She said yes. I called her the next day and asked her to dinner. She said yes to that. We've been together ever since.

View attachment 824890 [/QUOTE
Long hair, beard, motorcycles...I hate to break it to you, you might have actually been a "bad boy".

Stubee

Doctor of Teleocity
My first wife had told me I was moving out of our place in Albuquerque as she’d taken up with my best friend, who was sharing the house with us and our young son. It’s not quite as bad as it sounds because I’d fallen out of love with her, and my friend knew it.

A few months of hand-to-mouth dirt poor existence ensued as I moved in with another woman and tried to take care of my new rent + $ for my son on my meager painter wages. The other woman soon revealed herself to be crazy, as in “Fatal Attraction” insane, and I actually moved back in with my ex for a few days. I next packed up my guitar, a single small Revere Ware fry pan and my backpack into my F-100 and headed back to my home state of Michigan. Once there I hung out with my old HS friends doing what young dudes did there in 1973-74. One night I walked into the town dance bar with my friend Tim, quite lit up. He headed to a table where a crush of his named Nan was sitting beside another woman, Bobbi. We’d all graduated HS together but it was a big school & I didn’t really know her. She knew enough about me to say “I thought you were married?” and when she learned that was done she said “I’m getting a divorce, too” so I said we should go out. I scribbled her number down on
a matchbook.

I called her & asked her out the next day, but she already had a date so I had to wait. I still remember walking up to her big house—we were from different parts of town—and when she opened the door and I saw her, I knew I was hooked. I was with her every night for a year, and then we got married, all 46+ years ago.

We drive each other nuts with some regularity, but man, I’m still crazy about her.
C2748B79-A89F-454D-A396-BAFC987EED59.jpeg

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
It sounds more romantic than it was but we met at the beach sailboarding. My wife just returned to USA from Germany and was spending her days at the beach before her first year as a teacher. I was between white collar jobs but falling back on driving semi on a night shift.

We were both going on a group sailboarding camping trip where everyone else backed out but us. We decided to go anyway. When I went to pick her up her dad was reading the paper with a beer, cigar and wearing lederhosen. Her mom was mowing the lawn in a bikini. I thought something like "This family seems pretty alright or interesting.". The camping and sailing trip was our first adventure together and they haven't stopped for 3+ decades.

I can still be surprised and baffled by it all. I never expected to care for someone like I do, never expected to be married, and never expected to have kids. She was convinced she would have a simple life of travel and few possessions. Thus lots of smiles with 3 kids, cars, house, cabin, garden, and all the items for the activities we do.

Steerforth

Friend of Leo's
It was around midnight. I was doing some night fishing, sitting there in my boat, when I caught something out of the corner of my eye.

I looked up and there was a beautiful young woman, walking to me on a wave! She was staring at me and calling my name.

I couldn’t get it out of my head for the longest time. Finally, I went back out there again one night and proposed to her.

We’ve been married for twenty-some years now.

Well, that’s not really what happened. But I’ve been in an ELO mood all day, and I like that song. :D