Let’s talk Reverb!

mgreene

Tele-Afflicted
Its surprising how pedals fall out of favor just for going unmentioned - That said, the Catalinbread topanga (Ver 1) stays on my board even though I have a custom 6G3 that also stays plugged in. The Neunaber Immerse has a great plate setting, BTW.

bobio

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Two of my favorite Reverb pedals, no coincidence they also do delay :cool:
Delay and Reverb go together like peanut butter and jelly 🤤

w8thbcraickek0ufnhcl.jpg h21bjl5mhv2ilftv15kp.jpg

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
My small amp has reverb on it and it’s fairly decent. However, I would like to be able to switch from some reverb to none through a pedal. Opinions on some pedal options.

What amp do you have? Am I correct that it has reverb that's not foot switchable?

A Biyang Tri Reverb does it for me at $50. Room, spring, and hall reverbs. Has blend and time controls. The Bright/Dark switching shapes response as well as tone. IMO it's a proper sounding pedal for low cost.

ndcaster

Doctor of Teleocity
I've had Nocturne Brain's El Pescadoro for a while and never get tired of its unique Chess Record reverb:

7227FB75-3D52-45E3-9C4A-57CA6E1997C4.jpeg

it's like a unique plate inside a hall with some genuinely spooky reflections

like a ruined warehouse with a leaking roof

recommended

Ascension

Tele-Afflicted
Neunaber Wet different versions
View attachment 983220
This is my fav for uncomplicated reverb that sounds as good as the reverb in my amps.
Have both a Wet V2 and a Seraphim from Nunaber. KILLER verbs and the prices direct aren't bad. The Seraphim replaced a Strymon Blue Sky on my main Church board.
From a subtle plate to a deep verb with shimmer really like the Seraphim in particular

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Does your amp have a loop? Reverb always works better in the loop if you’re using other pedals. For me it works better in the loop anyhow, but MUCH better if you’re using distortions or boosts or ODs. Using the loop keeps the reverb level constant. Using a reverb in-line with other pedals as gain stages pushes the reverb sound all over the place. It doesn’t work for me at all. Just a heads up.