Let’s see those offset guitars!

JeffBlue

Friend of Leo's
How about some homemade my-own-design design offset guitars?

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 19

Southpaw Tele

Friend of Leo's
View attachment 998628
It's an addiction. The 'Stang got a new bridge since this picture,
View attachment 998629
Toronado bridges are the best bent steel saddled bridges. Comfortable, remove work from setup, and look 1000% better than ugly, boxy hardtail strat bridges.

When I was 10, my guitar was a Squier strat. I didn't like it. Neck hurt my wrist, the pickups weren't humbuckers .... blah.
I'd started to think I wasn't going to be playing guitar.
Then my grandfather let me try his 70s mustang. So Comfortable. I could almost fret an F chord. And the pickups sounded way better than my strat.
I'd kill to have that guitar now. Nobody knows who had it when my grandfather passed away.

My best guitar (sounding, playing, ostensibly looking but eye of the beholder and all.. ) is my mim deluxe Toronado. It's got gibson 57 classic/classic plus instead of stock pickups. Better playing than most US fenders I've touched that cost less than $2k. Small offsets came later, to do other stuff.
I play my teles, but in every band before my current one, Toronado was my main guitar, tele for backup.

And the next 2 guitars on my list are a jag and a Japan tele junior (so a tele with duosonic neck....)
The one guitar I should have never sold was my Japanese reissue Mustang in Sonic Blue. Very comfortable and easy to play and almost impossible to buy now (at +$1500 price tags). I should frickin know better, as a lefty, than to sell anything!

Last edited:

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Is your IYV copy at all usable unplugged as an acoustic? I've tried the Acoustasonic guitars and they have very little volume unplugged. Your IYV looks like it might have more of an acoustic guitar construction. Doubtful, I know. Just had to ask, though.
Not any more than any thinline or hollow body f-hole guitar, I wouldn't say

GreenMagicMan

Tele-Meister
My 1970 Aria 1532T. Exc condition, lowest action of any guitar I've ever played. Extreme lightweight 6.6 lbs. May sell it to reduce numbers as I don't play it, but a real looker.

Cornfed: That's gorgeous. What is that?? Details please. Is that a humble Squier neck on a custom body? Love the paint finish. Is that metal piece at the tail something custom added on? (I've put love and made a few custom parts for my #1 guitar over here - sort of like that idea).
IMG_7573 copy Aria 1532T my guitar Vintage Overall.JPG