1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Les Paul Owners Club!

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by BritishBluesBoy, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Torz Johnson

Torz Johnson Friend of Leo's

I thought this thing was kind of ugly when I first saw it. It's actually a great player, and quickly becoming a favorite.

Gibson calls this a "Les Paul Junior Single Coil Limited" for some reason known only to the mysterious acolytes of Henry J. Just call it a Special guys.

[​IMG]

2. shupe13

shupe13 Tele-Afflicted

2015 LP Traditional Classic ABR. 1534188936803.jpg

3. Kontaktmoi

Kontaktmoi Tele-Holic

Here is a picture of my 2000 Les Paul Classic 1960 reissue. Rather nice. IMG_1666.JPG

ejphotos, shupe13 and brookdalebill like this.
  4. TheBoss1983

TheBoss1983 Tele-Meister

That's my Les Paul...

Still looking for a Tele because that's the perfect guitar for me. I once was stupid enough to sell my 50s Baja.

20180517_214414.jpg

5. Kontaktmoi

Kontaktmoi Tele-Holic

Have someone make you one . Try this link to have a look https://reverb.com/shop/vtt-relics

https://reverb.com/item/14401757-vtt-relics-telecaster-2018-aged-surf-green

He made me the Telecaster shown in the middle of this rack... His business is located in England so not too far away from where you are ! Recommended !!

IMG_0105.JPG

ejphotos and shupe13 like this.
  6. cooltouch

cooltouch TDPRI Member

Well, here are mine. The first is a LP Special I bought new from the now-defunct Mars Music back in about 2000. It has an incredibly awesome sound with those P90s. The second is a 2013 Traditional II I bought a couple years ago. Found it in unused condition in a pawn shop. The owner and I haggled for a bit, and I walked out of there having saved several hundred bucks from what a new one would have cost. I love it. This is the first traditionally shaped LP I've owned since the early 70s (I owned an LP custom back then). It's amazing that, after all these years, I felt like I'd just come home again. It just feels right when I pick it up and play it. It's a heavy beast, though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, the Traditional II came with a pickguard, but I removed it. I like my LPs better without it.

7. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Have probably owned the between 10 and 15 Gibson Les Pauls, mostly standards and studios. This one may play as well as any I've owned.

20180821_190720.jpg

2018 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop. What's odd is appears to be a Studio (no fret edge or body binding) but on the Gibson website, does not have "Studio" anywhere in the name.

Love the fact this model has NO weight relief chambering. Screw dat.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    ejphotos and shupe13 like this.
  8. cooltouch

cooltouch TDPRI Member

Got a couple questions about your Traditional, if you don't mind. First, it's a "plain" Traditional and not a "Traditional II" right?

You can see a pic of my wine colored Traditional II above. Yours has a nicer figure than mine does. I'm jealous. :cool: Note that mine does not have the pickup covers and the trussrod cover is unmarked. I bought mine used, but in unused condition. I'll swear, I don't think the previous owner ever had it out of the case. So I think the missing covers and unmarked trussrod cover are factory.

From what I've read, the Traditional II was a special edition made exclusively for Guitar Center. But I don't recall anymore what it is that makes it different from a Traditional. Maybe the differences in the covers is one of them. Mine has two push-pull pots -- both of the volumes. One boosts volume and the other is series/parallel, I think. I never use the second but find that I frequently use the first. Does yours have the push-pull pots? Because of the active circuit with one of the pots, the controls cover on the back of mine has a door for installing a 9v battery for the additional electronics. Which is not very Traditional, when you think about it. But then, neither are push-pull pots.

Mine has the traditional slim-60s taper neck -- which I prefer. And it is heavy. I haven't weighed it, but I'm guessing somewhere around 9 pounds. How about yours? I've read that some Traditionals were lightened, and I've read that some weren't. I guess the way I see it is, if it is really gonna be a traditional, then it should be heavy like the original.

I think the Traditional, whether the regular flavor, or the II, represents an exceptional value for full-featured Les Pauls, selling for hundreds and even thousands less, in some cases. But they're not wanting for quality or appointments at all.

9. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I gigged an early 2000s Classic, it was a great guitar. Had to rip out the stock ceramics--they were too harsh and a bit microphonic, but once I did that and set it up well, it was a great player! You can always tell a Classic by those inlays :)

10. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Friend of Leo's

11. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

IMG_2442.JPG IMG_2440.JPG IMG_2438.JPG
    NGD my first Les Paul
    58 Historic LP Standard Honey Lemon Fade

ejphotos, brookdalebill, Chip and 2 others like this.
  12. tce63

tce63 Tele-Afflicted

Looks fantastic

zephyrR1 and BigD like this.
  13. A.B.Negative

A.B.Negative Friend of Leo's

I just bought a Les Paul Standard, it's a 2013 model. I like it a lot. 1536525165528.jpg

14. tce63

tce63 Tele-Afflicted

Looks great

A.B.Negative likes this.
  15. Mudman32

Mudman32 Tele-Meister

IMG_5319.JPG

Went out to the barn to play, wife could still hear me, lol

ejphotos, teletimetx, BigD and 2 others like this.
  16. jimmyv723

jimmyv723 Tele-Meister

Well, I have another Les Paul on the way as of a few minutes ago. I've been wanting a Goldtop for a long time but just never took the plunge. Was looking around tonight and found a 2011 Studio Flood with the Gold swirl finish. I really like that is has the black back and that the headstock has the matching finish as well which you don't usually see...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's had locking Sperzels added and I think they came with black pickup rings and poker chip but this has cream. Been wanting to switch the black parts out on my Studio Premium Plus for cream so going to just swap them out and see how it looks. I just think the black will look better on this with the black finish on the back and that the cream will look better on the Premium Plus...

[​IMG]

ejphotos, teletimetx, BigD and 6 others like this.
  17. Tubeboy

Tubeboy Tele-Meister

20180616_103910.jpg 20180715_183417.jpg

ejphotos, cooltouch and voodooblues like this.
  18. Tubeboy

Tubeboy Tele-Meister

Here's 2 BFG LES Paul's the P90 is named Andy and the Humbucker is named Marge after my parents. I see some haters on line about these but i don't care I love them. I love the scalloped top the thin finish the slight roadworn looks and the light weight. I've heard people complain about the tuners but I think they are fine. My only complaint is the P90s are slightly microphonic mabey I'll swap them out what do you think about creme color?

19. basher

basher Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Those are super cool. I've always liked the BFG cosmetics and I hadn't realized Gibson had started making new ones. And yes, I'd definitely do cream P90s.

Tubeboy likes this.
  20. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

IMG_2478.JPG IMG_2482.JPG
    A couple more pics of the R8[emoji41]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.