Les Paul Owners Club!

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by BritishBluesBoy, Jun 11, 2009.

1. jsp737

jsp737 Tele-Meister

I unboxed the Epi ES Les Paul yesterday, and as I've come to expect from the higher end Asian guitars, the fit and finish is just about flawless. A couple little pieces of sawdust hanging off the inside bottom of the f holes, but that's it. I paid a little extra for SW to do a setup and they did a nice job. No buzzing and intonation is spot on. The only real gripe is it came with cheap strings that turn my fingers completely black in minutes and are very rough on the unwound strings. No big deal, I'll change those out right away.
    In the short time I've had to play it, the ProBucker's sounded really good, punchy and not muddy at all. The neck pickup has a nice range to it, very nice. I played with the coil split a little and I wasn't super impressed. Pretty thin and weak sounding compared to any of my other single coil guitars, but might sound ok in some combination with humbucker mode.
    The fret board and fret work are nicely finished and the neck is a slightly chunky d shape, reminiscent of my DeArmond Starfire Custom. The tuners are really good, even compared to some of my much more expensive guitars.The pots and output jack are very solid and nicer than I was expecting and better than my other Asian made guitars, and at least equal to my Epi ES 175.
    It's interesting sound wise, probably more Les Paul than 335, but there's a little of both. It does do some nice jazz sounds with the tone rolled back a little.
    So far I'm pretty impressed with it. I'll re string it and take some more pictures here shortly.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    twotone60 likes this.
  2. Torz Johnson

Torz Johnson Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Just got this yesterday and at a great price. Playing it through a Vox or an Orange right on the verge of breakup is a highly satisfying experience. Hooray for P90s! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. jimilee

jimilee Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Got this last weekend at the Gibson Store and shop in Memphis. 2018 studio with a classic 57 in the neck and 57+ in the bridge. Smoke jets it’s called.
    IMG_2215.jpg IMG_2216.jpg

4. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

515051E3-FF68-48DC-8705-488AB95EEB16.jpeg

Here’s my 2007 1968 LP Custom reissue.
    I traded my even heavier Bigsby equipped 54 Custom RI for it.
    It sounds great, and stays in tune beautifully thanks to the (non-invasive) String Butler.
    It weighs a ton.

gridlock, ftbtx, Tootle and 2 others like this.
  5. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

How am I not on this thread yet? I've got LPs...

[​IMG]

L to R: Trixie the Cat (not an LP), '82 Standard, '89 MIK Epiphone LP Custom, '03 Special DC, '11 Studio 60s Tribute. I love 'em all, but the two on the left get the most run.

- D

gridlock, ftbtx, BadBen and 1 other person like this.
  6. Biddle141

Biddle141 TDPRI Member

This was my first guitar i still like to play it occasionally epiphone lp100 20180505_203631.jpg

gridlock and Tonemonkey like this.
  7. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

These are the two newest; I haven't posted them in here yet.

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

8. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

A Gibson Les Paul has been my main guitar since buying my first Les Paul new in 1977. It was a Les Paul Custom in Cherry Wine with silver hardware. Kept that guitar for nearly 30 years and foolishly moved on in a gear trade.

Owned quite a few Les Pauls since, including a Standard, a Studio, another Custom, and the three Les Pauls that I currently own.

Pretty satisfied with my current three Les Pauls, a Traditional with ‘57’s, a Classic with Seymour Duncan’s, and a Special Double Cut (TV Yellow) with Slug P90’s.

All three Les Pauls have totally different necks from chunky on the Traditional, to slim on the Classic, to wide with the best rolled edges on the Special.

All three Les Pauls play and sound great. Primarily use these guitars with my Marshall amps, but they also sound good with my Fender amps.

BBD479E9-1C30-4EBA-8BF4-9305E4909CEE.jpeg BAA48675-EBFE-44C9-9082-497BCC3C6AF5.jpeg EFFAABAF-41CC-4D0F-8F77-91F8C8B2AE6F.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    ftbtx and tce63 like this.
  9. mrmousey

mrmousey Tele-Meister

2018 classic goldtop with P90's

gridlock likes this.
  10. greebo830

greebo830 Tele-Meister

My current Beauties

Gibson Les Paul Classic Custom
    [​IMG]

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
    [​IMG]

11. WriteNoob

WriteNoob Tele-Meister

Posted before, but now has changes, leaning towards the look/aesthetic of a ‘58. The guitar is actually a ‘16 LE Plaintop. Barring a LOTO win. I’ll never afford a CS, but really have no need. This thing’s look/feel/sound fits like a glove, now.
    IMG_1374.JPG

12. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Les Pauls are the coolest looking electric guitars on the planet!
    Thanks for listening.

TeleTex82, Sconnie, SteveC356 and 3 others like this.
  13. Torz Johnson

So many cool LPs in this thread. I just got this Traditional dirt cheap because it was a 2017 model that was hanging around for too long. I think it looks and sounds gorgeous.

As it came, chipless and guardless:

[​IMG]

And with poker chip and pick guard installed (I mean, it's supposed to be "Traditional", right?)

[​IMG]

shupe13, tce63 and brookdalebill like this.
  14. Unionjack515

Unionjack515 Tele-Holic

Wow...the binding looks a lot whiter than it used to on the Traditionals! Did they change it? Mine is a 2010...very pinky binding. IMG_8962.JPG

shupe13 and brookdalebill like this.
  15. faasie85

faasie85 Tele-Meister

My numbers 1s are changing about every year. First is was this paul then the strat and now the tele. In a few month the paul will prpbably be the no1 again untill the strat takes over.

Attached Files:

16. Torz Johnson

The binding is not as white as it looks in the picture. The picture shows everything a little brighter than normal. It's still a little pinkish but not bad.

17. bossaddict

bossaddict Tele-Meister

2014 R8

[​IMG]

18. Kontaktmoi

Kontaktmoi Tele-Holic

I bet you Les Paul would play this... at least once... just for fun. A GENUINE GIBSON. IMG_2391 (1).JPG IMG_2392 (1).JPG

shupe13 likes this.
  19. Kontaktmoi

Kontaktmoi Tele-Holic

Here is one of my " better " Les Pauls..

IMG_2400 (1).JPG IMG_2396.JPG IMG_2394.JPG IMG_2395 (1).JPG

basher and shupe13 like this.
  20. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

I just took some new photos of mine today for another forum, but may as well add them here too. Mine is just a lowly 60s Tribute (ie a Studio), bought secondhand after I sold a black 50s Tribute that just didn't suit my hands (the 50s have a fatter neck and the 60s has a 'slim taper' neck). Mine is a 2011 model, though it was like new when I bought it in 2016 and I look after my guitars, so even though it's played a few gigs it still looks good.

I swapped the reflector knobs for Gold Top hats and added nickel pointers:

GT 1.jpg

It's the only guitar left out on display in the house and has pride of place in our living room, with it's own backlight. However, if you look closely there are some Telecaster controls plates/knobs on the doors of the drinks cabinet on the left, so it's not all in Gibson's favour:
    GT 5.jpg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.