1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Les Paul Owners Club!

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by BritishBluesBoy, Jun 11, 2009.

1. pondcaster

pondcaster Poster Extraordinaire

2. Misty Mountain

Misty Mountain Tele-Meister

Here is my 1991 Les Paul Classic. I love this guitar, had it since it was born! I changed the pickups early on and never looked back. :cool:

Attached Files:

3. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Here's mine. Gibson 2012 Standard Light Burst.

[​IMG]

Epi 2012 Tribute. Not bad. Came stock with Gibson '57 Classic pickups.

[​IMG]

BlueCajun and nick0 like this.
  4. 64Strat

64Strat Friend of Leo's Vendor Member

From the Gibson Historic Shop, my Custom Authentic Jimmy Page #1, basically a modified R9 to replicate his original #1. Great guitar!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  5. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Tele-Afflicted

Nice, I played one of these at the Dallas Guitar Show.

Is yours thinned down in the approximately 4th to 10th fret region as the one I played was?

6. 64Strat

Yes, they are all that way for the JPP series.

7. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Tele-Afflicted

I knew that was the formula on these but another I saw was no where near as noticeable, to the point that if you didn't now you might not be aware of it.

I only ran my hand around that one with it on the table and did not play it though.

8. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

Maybe not as special as some of the gorgeous examples that some of you guys have shown but my '56 Goldtop along with its Lifton style 'Cali Girl' case is special to me...

Attached Files:

9. gwjensen

gwjensen Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Got this 2016 60s Tribute a few weeks ago. Love the P90s. Great tone and a real buttery player. The intonation was off, but the set up was spot on. My first Gibson and I'm impressed.

IMG_0207.jpg

10. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Tele-Afflicted

Great, my most favorite LP (or any other type) of my lifetime.
    Never had anything else measure up like it out of many, many other great guitars.

11. gwjensen

gwjensen Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Goldtops rule! That's as pretty an LP as I've ever seen.

12. 64Strat

On the one that wasn't as noticeable, are you 100% sure it was a JPP series serial number? Mine is JPP149, so fairly early in the build.

13. 64Strat

Speaking of Goldtops, this one had just come out of being under a bed for 50 years. And yes, we snagged it.

An all original '54... sounds awesome!
    [​IMG]

brookdalebill likes this.
  14. 64Strat

my sweet 2000 R7 I owned for a long time and sold very recently to a great friend that had been after me for a long time to sell it to him.

Another great Historic! I put some special pickups in it and a Murphy lightweight stop tail piece. That's all it needed, to be a real monster.

[​IMG]

Telefunked likes this.
  15. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Poster Extraordinaire

Anybody else have this problem? I picked up a set of top hats to replace the speed knobs on my 2014 Traditional and damn if I couldn't get two of them to slide down, they got cross-threaded, maybe my fault, but I ended up taking them off and putting the speed knobs back on. It was like trying to get a size 6 hat on a size 8 head. Anyway, I'm learning to love speed knobs now.

Also ended up replacing the cheap plastic output jack plate with a metal one. When I bought the guitar from Sweetwater I noticed that two of the screwholes had cracked. Sweetwater sent me another plate, I installed it and seen that it cracked again. Had enough of that and put a metal plate on. That ain't gonna crack.

BTW, did I mention I love my Les Paul? :lol:

16. BadBen

BadBen TDPRI Member

^ eBay knobs? There's definitely a difference between US pot shafts and import pot shafts. I've heard it described as fine splined vs. coarse.

17. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Poster Extraordinaire

Nope, they were genuine Gibson knobs according to Amazon. Could very well be that the splines are different on the new pots and these top hat knobs are made for the older stuff. I gave up and tossed them.

18. Tootle

Tootle Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

1974 cream Custom, all original, except that the neck was replaced by Gibson in '74 when the dealer broke it in his shop before sale. It came back minus the 20th Anniversary inlay, but with a great silky smooth jumbo fret job and a sweet price. The tag's still in the case: $555. It's got a few years of play on it, but a lot more as an under-the-bed queen.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    Telefunked likes this.
  19. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Tele-Afflicted

An update to include a cheapie Epiphone Junior picked up a few months back.

[​IMG]

Purists might not include the Epi or the Hamer, but just cover up the bottom two guitars if you've a problem. ;)

nick0 likes this.
  20. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Afflicted

I don't know why, but I hadn't noticed this section before. :oops: I can add to the club with my 20 year old Epiphone Les Paul Heritage Cherry Standard, which was a 30th birthday present to myself. It's still in very good condition, but I've replaced the electronics last year with CTS pots and braided wiring. I had a new nut installed and professionally set up (I supplied him with a new bridge too as the original one had flattened out). Currently it's got a Dimarzio pickup in the bridge position, though I think I'll change both for a pair of Bareknuckle 'Mules'.

The black Les Paul was bought last week, for my 50th birthday. :) I've been after a guitar with P90s and this just happened to come up as a 'deal of the day' on Guitar Guitar website for £399 down from £750. I've already taken off the 'pocker chip' and have some black speed knobs on their way as I don't like the ones that are on it. I'm really taken with the P90 sound, though I find that the frets feel more noticeable than my Strat or Tele which both have 'vintage' frets.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.