1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Les Paul Owners Club!

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by BritishBluesBoy, Jun 11, 2009.

1. liko

liko TDPRI Member

The 07 LP's are my fav's!

2. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Holic

My Bach LP, a cheap LP copy. With some mods it sounds wonderful, new saddle, better tuners, P90 from Tonerider in the neck position. This is one excellent LP that can be compared to a lot of LP from the big G. I´m really happy with this fine axe :D.

Attached Files:

3. old guitar player

old guitar player Tele-Afflicted

I just picked up a cheap Jay Turser JT-220 LP copy in cherry sunburst. It's quite heavy and feels solid. Much more solid than some Epi's I've tried. Pretty nice fretwork (jumbo frets) and decent enough pickups however the hardware and electronics are pretty cheap but they work. Of course this can all be changed for better components in the future. I am thinking of swapping the stock pickups for Seymour Duncan's.

Attached Files:

4. backwater

backwater TDPRI Member

I've recently dug my Les Paul out from under the bed and been playing it more.

2002 Les Paul Studio in Wine Red that I bought new (I went in to buy a Tokai and came out with a Gibson!). The only mods are the removal of the scratchplate and poker chip.

Makes a nice contrast to my esquire.

Andy :cool:

Attached Files:

5. mojosman

mojosman Tele-Meister

I don't know if you saw my post earlier in this thread, but I have this same guitar and I felt the same way about the tone. I opted for a set of Duncan Pearly Gates, which were a huge upgrade over the Gibsons. But I also upgraded the wiring and pots. Take the control cover off and gander at what you got going on in there. That Pc board and chiclet style tone caps. ImageUploadedByTDPRI1432405121.042077.jpg

I bought a Tundratone 50's style wiring harness upgrade kit. CTS 500k pots, paper in oil tone caps, and cloth wiring like Les Paul's used to have. ImageUploadedByTDPRI1432405295.990712.jpg

Between the pickups and harness it was a huge upgrade tone wise. Whatever pickups you choose, give the harness some thought as well.

nick0 likes this.
  6. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's

Just played an epi 1960 v3 reissue. .wow. ..just gorgeous. .

7. DADGAD

DADGAD Friend of Leo's

My three. Each has a different fretboard material. White - ebony, red - rosewood and yellow - baked maple. I enjoy each equally. Not the prettiest Les Pauls I've ever owned but, they are the best playing and best sounding. :)

[​IMG]

8. nspeer

nspeer TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

NGD Epiphone '56 Goldtop Les Paul Pro

She arrived two days ago and I cannot put her down! The neck profile on this guitar is IMHO perfect. Epiphone should use it on all their Les Pauls! I can describe it as being very much like my vintage Martin D-18's neck. It's full feeling but not a chunky baseball bat. I've owned an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II and I couldn't get along with that neck profile at all. They call it a SlimTaper profile. It cramped my (average sized) hand after 20 minutes. I still own an Epiphone 1960 Tribute Plus Les Paul and they call that neck profile a "1960s SlimTaper". I can tell you that that profile is MUCH different than what was on my Ultra II. I like the neck profile on the Tribute Plus (it's pictured further up in this thread) and the Gibson USA Classic '57 pups just roar. However, the D shaped profile on the 1956 Goldtop is by far the most comfortable neck I have ever played...really.

Gorgeous fit and finish...flawless. The P-90's are so creamy sounding and very quiet for single coils. Epiphone has totally nailed it with this reissue. Now my favorite guitar!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nick0 likes this.
  9. Obelisk

Obelisk Tele-Afflicted

I have owned many Les Paul guitars over the years, but have settled on a couple of Studio models from the '90s. This one is from 93

Attached Files:

• LP_1.jpg
      LP_1.jpg
      File size:
      53.8 KB
      Views:
  10. mitchfit

mitchfit Tele-Holic

Early les paul experts needed

searching for info for an old schoolmate...do not own this les paul myself.

he has a black one that he believes is a 1952 model, but he's not sure.

the reason he thinks that is it has no serial # on the back of the machine head, or on the heel of the neck, where he's been told they had been stamped for a while.

it has white P90's, a highly angled wrap around tailpiece [very long on bass string], white binding on the front only, black on rear, stained mahogany neck which is painted black past nut. and a four screw white pick guard---

can anyone help?

thanx in advance,
    mitchfit

11. iandi1505

iandi1505 Tele-Meister

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436823466.229819.jpg

I'm in... My 1997 lp special. I put a new wiring harness with 500k pots, .015 cap for the neck and .022 cap for the bridge and a set of Duncan Antiquities. This guitar is a total tone machine now!

12. 43mmNut

43mmNut TDPRI Member

my new 2015 Les Paul Studio

new family member joining the Tele, Strat, & Sheraton II

GibsonLesPaulStudio7.10.15.jpg

13. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

NGD - '92 Les Paul

I came across this immaculate '92 Les Paul today. Been looking for one for a quite a while and always drawn to the understated ebony finish. Had to go for it when one this good turns up.

Got it at a great price and I avoided the silly brass nut, crazy string spacing and silly auto-tuners of the current models, which had pretty much destroyed my faith in the brand,

It plays like butter, is intonated to perfection and has lovely, bright airy pickups.

Attached Files:

14. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

Epi '56 Goldtop RI.

Attached Files:

nick0 likes this.
  15. El Chivo

El Chivo Tele-Meister

Here's my #1, a Honey burst 2000 Gibson Les Paul Classic. Had the Bigsby and the Zhangbucker 'bucker-sized P-90s put on.
    [​IMG]

Telefunked likes this.
  16. DannyStereo

DannyStereo Poster Extraordinaire

I want one of these!

17. irie

irie Tele-Holic

Heres mine, 03' Standard Plain top in Honeyburst.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:rolleyes:

Telefunked and nick0 like this.
  18. PixMix

PixMix Tele-Holic

Left to right: 2011 '60s Tribute, 2013 Standard, 2012 '50s Tribute, 2003 ES 135.

[​IMG]

nick0 and irie like this.
  19. Cosmicdancer

Cosmicdancer Tele-Meister

Joined the club last week. Despite being a Fender enthusiast for several years, I have been bitten by the Humbucker/LP bug lately and decided the time had come to branch out. Being a mid 30's family man now, I can't afford Gibson prices, so I began to search the web for the best Epi models out there. Found this Epi Tribute on Craigslist for a nice deal and jumped in. I couldn't be happier! The 57 pickups really sing through my AC15C1 and AC30C2. They play especially well with my Nad Professor Sweet Honey OD and 85 Whiteface RAT Reissue.

I know that some think if it doesn't say Gibson on the headstock that it isn't a legit LP, but I think this guitar has some serious mojo and it'll definitely quench my LP thirst. It's certainly miles above any other Epi I've ever played.

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1440680758.943765.jpg

20. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Tele-Afflicted

Congrats!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.