Les Paul Junior Double Cut????

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by dreamingtele, Feb 20, 2020.

1. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

Ive been in the Fender camp for soooo many years.

and now the new Gibson models and pricepoints are really appealing to me and used ones are even more bang-for-buck. And Ive been waiting for the right time to get a Gibson.

the only thing is, I dont like the bling so even if I have money to spend on a Standard, I like the barebones look of the entry level ones, like the Studio, but it has to have P90’s.

this one jumped out to me and it seems like a no non-sense rocker and pure straight up heaps of servings of what I want (simple) and nothing of the things I dont need. now Ive found a used one of this, 2019 model, mint, with plastic on the pg still, for a good price... and Im really tempted to get it!

anyone has this? Or a variation of this?

[​IMG]

2. G.Rotten

G.Rotten Tele-Afflicted

I had a copy of one of these a while ago & it was awesome. Not so much the copy, but the basic design of the guitar. It's light, & has total upper fret access. I did sell my copy but have always wanted the real deal. I've played this model in stores a handful of times. If it's a good price, grab it. If you don't like it, sell it and get your money back.

Junior59 and dreamingtele like this.
  3. AlbertaGriff

AlbertaGriff Tele-Afflicted

I tried one of these. Pretty cool little guitar, for sure. Would have been happy with one. Price point matches quality, though. They're likely to have a few finish issues. The ones I've tried were pretty heavy as well. I ended up spending a bit more for a used 2018 Les Paul Jr.

20200119_183418.jpg

Frodebro, Junior59, mimmo and 3 others like this.
  4. hdvades

hdvades Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I just saw the two P90 pickup version for five ninety nine. I'm tempted too.

Junior59, LOSTVENTURE and Ex-riverman like this.
  5. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

I have one of these

I set it up to my needs and it's great.
    a lot cheaper than the original but not in sound and finish.

Frodebro, beagle, Junior59 and 3 others like this.
  6. ZenGuitarist

ZenGuitarist Tele-Holic

I bought one last April and love it. I was able to try out several of them in a couple of stores but as soon as I picked up this particular one and started playing it, I knew right away that I would buy it. It's a great sounding guitar. No regrets whatsoever.

Les Paul Junior Tribute.JPG

7. bsman

bsman Tele-Afflicted

I like that sort of thing a lot, as well. I currently have an LP Jr. Special (two p-90s) and a Reverend Sensei Jr. that do a great job of scratching that P90 itch for me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Goldenshellback

Goldenshellback Tele-Meister

I have the tribute double cut and an Original Collection single cut. The double cut is light, ABFA9975-0A5E-4EDE-AF42-486036185EE6.jpeg the single is about 9lbs. Both are bad to the bone. 536FC0BE-2341-4A55-8697-BE3652876979.jpeg

9. dreamingtele

im concerned with the quality! Are these good for money? Or im better off buying a PRS?

Junior59 likes this.
  10. dreamingtele

man those are nice guitars!!

Junior59 and bsman like this.
  11. dreamingtele

The brown one looks nice!! I didnt think it would look nice, I wanted the Ebony or Cherry, but this one is giving me some second thoughts!

Junior59 and ZenGuitarist like this.
  12. dreamingtele

Man, i wish there LP Jr’s around for me to try!!

Junior59 likes this.
  13. dreamingtele

i have a diff HB guitar in mind, but I didnt know they make this too! Wow. Gonna check it out

Junior59 and Alamo like this.
  14. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

15. dreamingtele

16. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I’ve been nuts about LP Double Cut Specials and Juniors for awhile, and rotated through Epis, Dillion, and other various copies. Even had a build in que, but never got to it. For some weird reason, the new Epiphones re-invigorated the GAS, starting aim at the TV Yellow single cut (yawn), then to the Pelham Blue SG (yess), but QC was not there (see my thread?).

Got the Gibson LP Special DC instead. Quality was there, but I shopped around and tried at least 3. The rosewood board was dark, the body was light, and it wasn’t a jacked up floor model. Score, because $599 for an MIA is always a good deal. Best part is, I can bang on it all day and it might even be as tough as a Tele. Nah, who am I kidding? That neck is still dainty, even if supported by quartersawn maple :). Check this out, only mod so far is a Faber wraparound aluminum bridge:

822E16E2-D91F-4414-8ECA-772A76A9404D.jpeg 51058B67-56B1-40CE-A8B2-D6C2C4EDC594.jpeg E37E4DA4-E5D0-4E63-ADCD-650609EA2FF8.jpeg 23E786F9-02D5-425E-9A67-01EFEC441E3F.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  17. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

That sale price seems to be spreading to other USA dealers - I saw that price at either AMS or Zzounds yesterday - so maybe the price drop will make its way to other parts of the world.

Junior59 and Torren61 like this.
  18. ElJay370

ElJay370 Tele-Holic

A single P90 pickup screwed to a good piece of mahogany is all you need in most cases. I’d jump on it.

19. Nightclub Dwight

Nightclub Dwight Tele-Afflicted

I love the LPJr as much as I love Telecasters. That is a sweet deal for $549. I just can't abide by that weird pickguard on the 2020 models with the guard-mounted pots. That is purely an aesthetic issue for me, if it doesn't bother you, do what @ElJay370 says and jump on it. Pure rock 'n roll.

Junior59, 7171551, Doctorx33 and 2 others like this.
  20. dreamingtele

oh wow, its routed for the neck too? Man, if I get this and then get a loaded pickguard assembly from stratosphere for bridge and neck, i may come out on top than getting the 2-pickup version!

yeah, I saw it has a Maple neck. No issue there, not reallt a tonewood kind of guy with electrics, in fact, I welcome it being Maple is harder and more stable for a neck. And also that rosewood!!

Junior59 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.