1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Les Paul Jr. Club!

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Swee_tone, Jun 13, 2009.

1. adeiderich

adeiderich Tele-Afflicted

NGD - Epi LPjr

Picked this up off of CL. Guitar, knobs and tuners only, no pots or pup $40.00. Still deciding on whether to use an old Epi HB pup that I have in the toolbox or ordering something else. Ordered new pots and strap buttons. Will update as the project continues :lol:

Attached Files:

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      28.5 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      39.8 KB
      Views:
  2. tonyj

tonyj Tele-Afflicted

[​IMG]

Just picked up a NOS Les Paul Junior DC Bass. This I believe, was a 'limited run' model put out by Gibson in 2011. Solid Rosewood fingerboard, Grovers, and the wonderful Pelham blue Nitro finish, etc., etc.. Must say I am very pleased with the guitar so far. No complaints to date.

The photo was 'borrowed', but the guitar shown in the photo is only four units from mine (S/N 115711355).

This is my first 'short neck bass' - but as a LP JR fan - I felt it had to come to a loving home.

Anyone had experience of this bass?

3. fretman_2

fretman_2 Friend of Leo's

Got this on clearance from GC...$417 out the door. Not too shabby for a new American made LPJR. Alnico 5 498T pup and coil split switch in the tone control. I understand these were made especially for Guitar Center. The pickup is really hot (13-14K I understand). I may change it out for a Gibson pup that's a little more vintage...one with a nickel cover.

[​IMG]

4. tonyj

tonyj Tele-Afflicted

Re: post#122 and the 'missing' photo.
    Sorry, I had used a 'borrowed' photo taken from what I had thought was a public domain. (Not 'Photobucket' to blame this time - my fault entirely ….:oops:)

OK, now some photos of MY Bass and sincere apologies to whoever owns the Bass I had originally shown and which is only four 'units' from mine.

BTW, even though the Bass is a 2011, I am its first actual 'owner'.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. adeiderich

adeiderich Tele-Afflicted

Went with a GFS Crunchy PAT and a .022uf cap, what a fun little guitar to play. Still need to dial in pickup height and add strap buttons but for the $80 I have into it, I'm happy.:lol:

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      36.1 KB
      Views:
  6. vintage clubber

vintage clubber Friend of Leo's

Picked up this Jr on close out at Sam Ash for $99. Dropped in a nickel covered Kent Armstrong vintage paf style and swapped the knobs out for reflectors. It's a fun little guitar for the price point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sx jr copy with Kent Armstrong Dog Ear P-90 and Wilkinson wraparound bridge:

[​IMG]

7. alextinker4

alextinker4 TDPRI Member

My Blonde Haired, Blue-eyed Bombshell of a Jr.

A few years back I picked up a 2010 Gibson Les Paul Junior in Pelham Blue... one of the first runs of the new Juniors after the Rosewood Lawsuit.

I decided I had saved up long enough for my 1962 AVRI Telecaster Custom in 3TS (Jessie)... and that It was time I had another workhorse.
    I picked up "Abigail" and immediately fell in love.
    Nothing can compare to my 62 Tele, but she comes Damn close.
    Yet something didn't seem right with the black pickguard and knobs... so I decided that she needed a facial.

I wanted a blonde haired, blue-eyed girl... so I swapped the plastics (pickguard, cavity cover, jack plate) with Creme and added some Gibson gold knobs like I saw on a Pelham Blue CS model of the LP Std.

So here are some Before & After pictures... with a couple of what I called her "Punk Look" (Without a pickguard) thrown in there....

My 2010 Gibson Les Paul Junior in Pelham Blue.

Attached Files:

8. Jedadiah

Jedadiah Tele-Meister

That is so cool! Never seen one of those before! If I was in the market for a bass and one of these came up, I'd have it in a heartbeat. Real nice, man.

9. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

My Junior.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. NewPort

NewPort Tele-Meister

What's not to love about a Les Paul Junior? I envy all those that play well enough to put the Jr. to proper use.

For a while I had a "maestro by gibson" chinese jr. I replaced the humbucker with a P90 dogear, what a beefy bridge single coil. My playing style, or lack of playing style, needed a neck pickup so I put the P90 in the neck and the humbucker back in the bridge. It made a nice combination that I could live with except that the plywood body made it weigh 9 pounds, definitely not my preference.

After some research I found that the Epiphone Les Paul Special I with the "worn black" finish is a relatively light guitar. I picked up a body on ebay, also soapbar P90 cover, $11.95 pickguard and gold-amber knobs. The rest of the parts I had all ready. The neck has a bone nut and Grover Rotomatic tuners.

I put the P90 and soap bar cover in the neck. The dogear cover has a 7.4k strat pickup, 50mm pole spacing, held up in place with foam. I cut the Jr. pickguard to fit around the soap bar. Most Epiphone Les Paul special bodies have three holes for pots and a switch in the middle. I put a pot in the switch hole and the pickguard covers the upper pot hole. For switching the pickups I used a 500k push-pull for both the volume and tone, the volume switches the neck in and out, the tone switches the bridge.

When I'm hankering for some grit this is what I grab. Weight 6 pounds 11 oz.

Attached Files:

11. burtwangcaster

burtwangcaster Tele-Holic

Here's one more just to keep things moving along.

It's a 2008 TV yellow [wheat] '59LP Jr. Historic V.O.S.

I once had an original 1959 Jr., so I can say, this is identical in every way.

Plays and sounds great !

Attached Files:

12. BIGD5

BIGD5 TDPRI Member

Here's my newly acquired Epiphone LP JR. Absolutely mint with not a mark on it for 90 bucks. Heavy compared to my SG but sustains forever. My first Epiphone.... First mod, rubber grips on the so called speed knobs.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  13. devnulljp

devnulljp Tele-Meister

1965 SG Jr. A thing of beauty, but needs a good fret dress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. MatthewDickin

MatthewDickin Tele-Afflicted

If SG Jrs count, here's my 1963. The combination of single P90, featherweight mahogany body and fat - almost '50s - neck is a match made in heaven.

Attached Files:

15. BIGD5

BIGD5 TDPRI Member

Love the Jr's.....LP or SG!! LP now has a DiMarzio DP100 Super Distortion.

Attached Files:

16. DADGAD

DADGAD Friend of Leo's

this is a LP Jr

Slidezilla...

[​IMG]

17. Joe_Tone

Joe_Tone Tele-Meister

I found this guy a couple years ago. I need to whip it out and play it more often. :confused:

[​IMG]

... and here is another one .... it's a little tone machine! :eek: I keep it at work for my lunchtime practice buddy.

[​IMG]

18. Sidney Vicious

Sidney Vicious Friend of Leo's

I don't like red guitars - but I love that one. :!::cool:

19. burtwangcaster

burtwangcaster Tele-Holic

Love the LP Jr's AND SG Jr's.:cool:

20. gshep92

gshep92 Tele-Meister

My 2010 Junior... Great guitar, picked it up for $400 on my local CL

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.