Les Paul b- bender

orangeblossom

Friend of Leo's
I put this bender on my les Paul. Easy to install. Works great nice and smooth. It’s a string butler product.by Dietrich parts. Anywho here’s the pics. image.jpg

Last edited:

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Cool!
There was a device marketed by Eliphone years ago called an EZ Bender.
It mounted to the stop tailpiece.
It worked like a Bigsby Palm Pedal.
I used to have one.
I need to find another one for my Hohner LP knockoff.

Silverface

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member

Yeah, that was Richard Bowden's invention! I had one on one of my Les Pauls as well, but I just can't use palm devices - I use too much palm muting and varied picking positions.

He still makes them - plus a Tele version and two different acoustic versions, and sells them on his website:

Bowden b-benders

IMPORTANT: To anyone who had one of the old Epiphone "EZ Benders - they were, honestly, kind of cheesy and there were (as Richard says) "manufacturing issues". But they were inexpensive.

The new ones are MUCH more expensive, but FAR more refined and really well made I've played one of the new ones and as far as I'm concerned, they are exponentially better, more stable, accurate and fit better than the Epiphone EZ Bender.

Back to Richard - he played with Linda Ronstadt and was in McGuinn's first post-Byrds backup band. He loves Clarence and paid homage to him by covering as many of his "signature" licks as he could on Byrds tunes.

Later he did some albums with th late Sandy Pinckard that are some of the most hilarious stuff (and filthy - be warned!) I'd ever heard (and he's a complete nut case in person. He used to work at Westwood Music and I'd go there just to talk to him!).

He's still playing (but not touring) and has a Facebook page

Last edited:

orangeblossom

Friend of Leo's
Cool!
It worked like a Bigsby Palm Pedal.
I used to have one.
I need to find another one for my Hohner LP knockoff.
This one is so easy to install. No mods needed and can be reversed in minutes. It is smooth and non intrusive.