Legendary Producer Martin Birch Dies At Age 71

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Macrogats, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Macrogats

Macrogats Friend of Leo's

Martin Birch, the legendary Producer of bands like Deep Purple, Rainbow, Black Sabbath And Ironmaiden (amongst others) has died at the age of 71. No given reasons at this stage from this article, but more is bound to follow.

For me, this guy defined the Ironmaiden sound! From memory he was sought after for their first album, but was unable to do it at the time. If you’re a fan of the band (as I was a HUGE one in my youth), then you’ll know the difference between their debut Ironmaiden and second album Killers.

RIP Martin - you helped create a legacy of music never to be forgotten!

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/l...deep-purple-producer-martin-birch-dead-at-71/

tomkatf, wacolo and RhythmFender like this.
  2. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

Oh that's sad news to start the day with. He really knew how to record great guitar tones - 'Argus' is a good example. R.I.P.

3. a.francis.1968

a.francis.1968 Tele-Meister

The bass sound on Time Was is one of the best basses I’ve ever heard you can literally hear the wood and I once saw Wishbone Ash in the late 70s they were fabulous live act.

RoyBGood likes this.
  4. Fullerton Mike

Fullerton Mike TDPRI Member

Sorry to hear this.....He's mentioned quite a bit in Bernie Marsden's autobiography

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.