1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Legend Guitar Amplifiers

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by mr natural, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Tone-Def

Tone-Def NEW MEMBER!

In the collection of docs do you have a schematic for the 30watt Model A? Mine (which I think was built in 1973) is making some odd pops and swirly noise I haven't been able to track down.

Thanks.

2. mr natural

mr natural Friend of Leo's

Schematics on their way in the mail! My buddy’s widow found them in his shop. I loaned them to him like 25 years ago when he was working on his R&R 50.

3. mr natural

I got a friend with a trashed A-30 if anyone is looking for parts I can get you in touch with him. Not sure what he means by trashed.

4. TolerBear

TolerBear TDPRI Member

I have the Legend Super Lead 100 with matching 4x12 cab and it was a beast before my friend knocked it over after a gig. I loved it before then. My lead singer bought it at a pawn shop and gave it to me after he saw I loved it so much. I was using it for a amplifier for my Boss GT-8 in the input of the amp and it had all the sound I needed at the time. Plus it sounded great! After it was turned over (the whole half stack) it hasn't sounded as good. I sent it to a repair shop but they didn't get it sounding as good as it used to. In fact it sounded the same as it did when I sent it to them. Ugh. I'm an electronic technician by trade but not a real amp tech. My friend has tried to get me to sell it but it's still the best amp I have. Gosh if the factory still existed I'd send it to them and have them to fix it.

5. TolerBear

TolerBear TDPRI Member

I have the Legend Super Lead 100 with matching 4x12 cab and it was a beast before my friend knocked it over after a gig. I loved it before then. My lead singer bought it at a pawn shop and gave it to me after he saw I loved it so much. I was using it for a amplifier for my Boss GT-8 in the input of the amp and it had all the sound I needed at the time. Plus it sounded great! After it was turned over (the whole half stack) it hasn't sounded as good. I sent it to a repair shop but they didn't get it sounding as good as it used to. In fact it sounded the same as it did when I sent it to them. Ugh. I'm an electronic technician by trade but not a real amp tech. My friend has tried to get me to sell it but it's still the best amp I have. Gosh if the factory still existed I'd send it to them and have them to fix it. What happened to y'all? You should start a Legend amplifier boutique company. What about schematics for your amps? They were/are great amps sir.

6. mr natural

TolerBear, Norlin ran them into the ground. The guy who founded the company passed away around 5 years ago. When I get the schematics, I will get them scanned and let you know.

McQ1 likes this.
  7. Bloobeastie

Bloobeastie TDPRI Member

I've owned a Legend Rock 'n' Roll 50 since the mid-late 80s. I'm just a hobbyist, so the amp has been babied.
    I notice the high end, but I tamed it using my Les Paul, and pedal tone controls.

I always enjoyed playing that amp,and I am happy to see that others appreciate the innovative design too!

McQ1 and VonHarlow like this.
  8. Dead Head

Dead Head TDPRI Member

Hi, I'm new here. I have a Legend super lead 50 combo. I love it until i have to move it (very heavy) Was wondering if there is a site that I can get the owners manual? Nostalgic reasons. I was told to turn it down on more than one occasion. I didn't think that a Forum would exist for an amp like this. It just goes to show you that they are unique. Not the best, Not the worst, but unique

mr natural and McQ1 like this.
  9. Dead Head

Dead Head TDPRI Member

Can some one explain what the tubes do only in the "preamp" side compared to an all tube amp?

10. Dead Head

Dead Head TDPRI Member

I was able to read an owners manual for a "Rock n Roll" 50. I have a "Super lead" 50. Aside from the dials the lead has over the RnR, do you think they will be similar. I'm asking because I read if you have the "stand by" switch on. You could hook up headphones to the preamp out jack??? I never tried it but would like to have this option. Please let me know of your knowledge on this.

11. VonHarlow

VonHarlow NEW MEMBER!

First post here. I love my legend, folks always ask about it. Glad to see they're still cranking.

Attached Files:

Bloobeastie, mr natural and McQ1 like this.
  12. McQ1

McQ1 TDPRI Member

I picked up a Super Lead 100, but it is a 1x12, not a 2x12. Kinda rare, kinda weird. Got the amp for $250 and it is too loud for me, but I am taking it on as a project,going to shine up the cab a bit too, checking pots, tubes. This screams Marshall to me.
    Anyway, any suggestions on a speaker replacement for this?

Attached Files:

mr natural likes this.
  13. McQ1

McQ1 TDPRI Member

I need a footswitch for this beast to change the channels. Any suggestions on what will work?

14. Tilegod

Tilegod NEW MEMBER!

Amazing to see someone esle uses this head the same as I with the same guitar!! (1977 3 pick up custom)I got this head because it sounded better than a marshall back in 1980 it is still one bad ass amp that stands alone in sound played stereo with a JCM 800 lead series marshall.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    Bloobeastie likes this.
  15. Cosmic Cowboy

Cosmic Cowboy Tele-Meister

If you dig it, I can dig it. Those are the ones that looks like Mesa Boogies, but all wood, right? I think they are still held in pretty high regard.

Bloobeastie likes this.
  16. asphalt-abate!

asphalt-abate! TDPRI Member

17. asphalt-abate!

Is this offer still available I'm in Renton, Wa

18. asphalt-abate!

Is this offer still available?

19. asphalt-abate!

Is this offer still available?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.