Legally Blonde - Stage Musical

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Togman, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Togman

Togman Tele-Afflicted

I know a few of the members here play (or have played) in pit bands for musicals. Anybody got any experience of this show?

About a month ago I agreed to play for a short run of this show for a local company in mid-July. I've just received the music - and it must rate as one of the most difficult Guitar parts I have encountered in over 10 years of doing this kind of work! It's certainly a challenge:eek:

2. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Friend of Leo's

Never heard of the musical, but my wife (and I admittedly) are fans of the movie. Just googled a couple of the songs, and it does sound pretty guitar heavy. Good luck!

EDIT: BTW and congrats on the gig!

3. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I saw a production recently that used recorded music. The music was pretty lively pop-rock, not at all memorable, which for me makes it harder.

The challenge in playing for musical theatre is that there is two hours of music—with lots of key changes and tricky rhythms to learn in six or eight days.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.