Lefty Squier Parts question.

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Gutterguy, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Gutterguy

Gutterguy Tele-Meister

I have been checking around on the net. I’m looking for a lefty Squier strat black pickguard. Most I’ve seen are for US/Mex strats and no Squier’s. Are there any differences?

Thx,
    R.

24 track likes this.
  2. Gutterguy

Gutterguy Tele-Meister

A3B89828-0790-4F2B-A352-E7A3D43FA109.png

24 track likes this.
  3. johmica

johmica Tele-Meister

The screw holes on an American or a Mexican replacement pickguard will not line up with the screw holes on a Squire, and because Squires are, by design, at the very low end of the market, I don't think that you're going to find any after-market pickguards for it.

You can always get a pickguard designed for a Mexican strat, and then just drill new screw holes. The pickguard would cover any holes from the original.

Pretty guitar. Have fun with it.

4. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I have a 78 american strat lefty, a 96 lefty american strat, and a squire tele , I replaced all of the conrols on the squire with CTS, orange drop and fender parts , but the pickups were outstanding
    I ended up with 6 pickguards for the american strats , because the stock fender picups sound like absolute dung and i hated the stock wiring so i designed my own wiring , but i kept the 2 original stock pick guards whole incase i choose to sell the gutars wich i do see in the forseable future,
    as for the aformentioned pick guards not lining up, I had no issues with after maret parts , but again my strats were american made

P1011911.JPG

Nubs likes this.
  5. Gutterguy

Gutterguy Tele-Meister

Very informative. Thanks.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.