Lefty B-Bender - Next steps?

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by ChrisLarcombe, Sep 10, 2019.

1. ChrisLarcombe

ChrisLarcombe TDPRI Member

Okay so, my plan WAS to buy a lefty telecaster and then find a guy who would source a bender for me and install it. I have found two guys who will do the install, but both are asking me to source a bender myself.

I am looking for a Parsons/White setup, with the b-bender actually being routed into the back of the guitar. leading to the strap lock.

I am in the UK. Where is best to source one of these? (I have accepted I'll probably have to get it shipped from the US).

2. Rick Towne

Rick Towne Tele-Afflicted

3. ChrisLarcombe

So apparently https://www.guitarexperience.co.uk in the UK is a licensed installer of B-Benders? the guy I was hoping to get to install mine isn't licensed that's all. He's done a couple before but I'm 99% he isn't licensed otherwise surely he would brag about that, at least a little bit, being in the UK and all.

So far my most promising lead in actual B-Bender hardware is the Parsons/White Bender available on https://www.wdmusic.com/steelbender-innovations-classic-b-bender-for-fender-telecaster-details.html

What are everyones thoughts on this?
    Is the WDmusic hardware a good shout, and should I worry about the whole license thing or not?

4. ChrisLarcombe

Hey Rick! Nice to hear from you again. This seems like a good shout. I have been confused by the use of the term 'hipshot' a little so for. Up until now I thought any kind of hipshot bender meant an actual bender activated by the hip. You're saying this hardware on Reverb is a Parsons/White bender?

5. urbandefault

urbandefault Tele-Meister

6. ChrisLarcombe

But this guy sells full custom guitars right? I hope to start off the whole project with a normal tele I have bought myself.

7. urbandefault

Forrest will install a bender in your guitar. Shoot him an email. Nice guy, great player too.

8. ChrisLarcombe

Getting any kind of B-Bender installed in the USA is something I want to avoid. I'm only a lowly university student gigging for money so I need to try and keep costs down. I Have found people who will install them in the UK, and maybe have one licensed option also, so its just the hardware I am asking about now really. Appreciate the suggestion though! Those guitars look beautiful.

9. ChrisLarcombe

you know what...SCRATCH THAT. I think now, after spending all evening pricing up, this guy might be the best, most efficient and cheapest route for me!

10. urbandefault

We aim to please. ;)

11. Rick Towne

Steelbender Innovations is Bill Bores in Houston. He did a Parsons install on an ASAT Classic for me and parts fabrications for my Zion Parsons and my ASAT Classic Glaser double bender. He does excellent work.

12. Rick Towne

The kits that Hipshot sells are Parsons-Green, which is derivative of a Parsons-White and generally considered not as good. I would go for the Steelbender.

13. Rick Towne

Re Forrest Lee, I’ve seen his work and met him at NAMM, and he’s excellent as well. If you’re looking for a US installer either he or Bill Bores in Houston are top level.

My other thought is that Bill also does Glaser-style saddle-bender installs which do not require the large back rout and put the bender strap button in the neck plate instead of the upper bout. After 27 years of my two Glasers and almost 20 of Parsons, I prefer the Glasers, but that’s a matter of style and is definitely a minority choice here. I don’t know if Forrest does saddle bender installs.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.