Least favourite guitar strings?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by BigDaddyLH, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Flyinlow

Flyinlow Tele-Meister

Bullets suck. Packaging, and in general. Got a great deal on a Melody Maker because of Bullets though... The ends didn't fit in the tailpiece very well (too big and bound), and he said he couldn't keep it in tune, LOL! Fixed it right up with some 11-48 Ernies.

2. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I can't remember if it was DR or Blue Steel's. Put them on, played for twenty minutes and restrung it with the old tried and true D'AD's.

I tried the D'AD ball end mando strings on my Ovation mandolin. They didn't last long, so I went back to the Adamas. Well they've quit making the Adamas. I'm not sure what to do now. Luckily, I'm not playing mandolin much right now.

3. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Tele-Afflicted

A friend of mine bought these "ground round" bass strings once for his bass. They were supposed to be a compromise between flatwound and roundwound and they were the most disgusting strings I've ever touched. It was like nails on a chalkboard. Gritty creepy strings. He cut those off and went back to round.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.