1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Learning to play like Brad Paisley

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by terrybellcountr, Jun 30, 2013.

1. terrybellcountr

terrybellcountr Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

I found this site today and dowloaded. At last someone made a serious attempt to figure out Brad Paisleys technique.

http://countryguitarchops.com

I can't find the right part of the forum where I'm supposed to post this, so the administrator will probably move this post. That's OK as long as I can give all my countrypicking friends some info

2. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Ken is a great teacher! Enjoy the lessons, and stay after it!

3. vincent

vincent Tele-Holic

It looks like a great course. Ken put in a lot of time and effort putting this course together. It's a little on the pricey side but seems well justified due to the amount of content included (hours of course work plus all the backing tracks and tabs). Ken had spent months developing this. It appears he even switched back to a flat pick to really nail this style. Definitely looks like its worth getting.

4. dudeman

dudeman TDPRI Member

I may have to invest in that, I have been wanting to learn how to play that hot country lead. Rock n' roll just doesn't interest me like it use too.

5. xFallenx

xFallenx Friend of Leo's

If I remember correctly Brad Paisley also gets his pickups custom wound just for him. Though we are talking about playing like Brad not the sound of his pickups I just thought I would throw that in :)

6. MatQc

MatQc TDPRI Member

Too bad the "Contact me" link doesn't work, I wanted to purchase it but the payment page doesn't seemed to be protected... I
    f anyone have is contact info, please send me a private message.

7. Blackhawk777

Blackhawk777 TDPRI Member

^ The checkout page is secured; just hit the "add to cart" button and you will be taken to a secure checkout page... standard security procedure.

8. KCKC

KCKC Tele-Afflicted

WOW!

Ken's site alone would keep me busy for years!

9. Ken Carlson

Ken Carlson Tele-Meister

Wow! Thank you everyone for the kind words. You too Vincent, I know you put out some great instruction videos as well (If you haven't already, check out Vinnie's stuff).

The shopping cart is through Paypal, so it's very secure. But there is a problem with the "View Cart" button for the hard copy DVD's. It doesn't work properly. The view cart button for the downloads works fine, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

I've been on the phone with Paypal this morning and they say they have a glitch they are working on fixing. A couple customers who bought download versions didn't get their download links right away, and I had to manually send it to them. Hopefully they will have that issue fixed soon.

Yeah Vinnie, I did put A LOT of time in this video course, and trying to get used to using the flat pick again was a chore in itself! But I spent 2 months just studying his style and figuring out the main techniques he uses and an understanding of how he thinks as he plays, before I started shooting any video. The entire project too more than 5 months to complete.

I know it's kind of expensive, but it is a 7 disc set with a ton of information. If you do the math, even at the regular price, not the sales price, it comes to a little more than $21 a disc, so I think it's a very fair price.

Anyway, thank you again guys for all the nice compliments. I have to go to the dentist now and have root canal. I hope your day is better than mine!!! Take care...

10. vincent

vincent Tele-Holic

As soon as the preview started to play, I knew this was gonna be something good. Anyone that is into this style will have to get this. Your playing on this is "Amazing" to say the least. As much work that went into this, plus what someone could potentially learn from this course makes the price small in comparison. There's a ton of material here. My wife will be mad at you when I lock myself in my studio for the next 3 months. ;-D

11. MatQc

MatQc TDPRI Member

I Downloaded mine today and started right away. Truly amazing! It does worth the price for what it has to offer. Adding to that, Ken gave me an incredible support and answered all my question!

12. LawDaddy

LawDaddy Tele-Holic

Just ordered it, I play in a busy modern country band and would love to expand my vocabulary. Perfect product at the perfect time!

13. joebonilla

joebonilla TDPRI Member

Oh man!! I just checked out that website and what a gem!! Ill definitely be ordering some DVDs but first ill tackle the lessons on the site. Awesome resource by a great instructor!

14. basschick22

basschick22 Tele-Meister

Wow. I needed something to put a spark back into my playing and motivate me to get back into a practice routine. I think that link just provided that. Thanks to the OP and thanks to Mr. Carlson.

15. terrybellcountr

terrybellcountr Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Halfway through the DVD:s. I will never play like Brad P, but man, Ken C has some serious stuff in there. With this DVD:s I will change my way of playing guitar. The composite scale is a killer.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.