1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Lead II telecaster body

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by emmaemme, Oct 22, 2020.

1. emmaemme

emmaemme NEW MEMBER!

Hi,

I'm a long-time lurker on this great site full of useful information. I'm more of a tinkerer than a player and i'm always checking out the used ads around here.

Today, I stumbled on this strat neck on a tele body. The owner has no information to offer. All the Lead II's I've googled have a strat body shape. Is this for real?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Telecentric

Telecentric Tele-Holic

I would suspect that it is just someones partscaster. The 'no info' from the owner is also typical of people trying to pass off something as something else, but this is pretty clear-cut.

Fretting out likes this.
  3. ElJay370

ElJay370 Tele-Afflicted

No.

No Fender Lead series guitar was ever Telecaster shaped. In fact, the Fender Lead isn't even a Strat shape. It's smaller, with deeper cutaways and shorter horns.

Lead II.JPG

Pretty cool, actually. I had one years ago. Nice guitar. Should've kept it.

Fretting out likes this.
  4. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

Definitely a partscaster

5. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

Was that one yours?

The black look nice, most of them cloud over or have an eggshell crack appearance (the black ones that is)

Here’s mine

92A70F64-766B-4A01-9DF0-A7C26CC7AA95.jpeg

6. ElJay370

ElJay370 Tele-Afflicted

No, mine was a cream color with dual humbuckers. It was made right around when Fender was beginning to get it's mojo back somewhat. The controls were a bit crowded and the phase/series/parallel/whatever circuit was kind of fiddly...but it played well and sounded good.

Fretting out likes this.
  7. Hounded Dog

Hounded Dog TDPRI Member

Those are nice necks. They were avidly sought after back in the day. I forget why? Radius??

8. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

Probably the shape - they were a narrow nut width (1 9/16") and kind of medium-depth. But the shape could range from a fairly full C to a V to a U. I had a Lead II from 1979-2015; mine was a medium C. They were all the typical Fender 7.25" radius.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.