Lawns - how to remove moss/lichen

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
A fairly weak baking soda solution will also do it- best to experiment with the strength on a small spot- too much can kill the grass too.

ale.istotle

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I saw some mentions of lime. I suspect lime (calcium oxide) will burn the heck out of everything. LIMESTONE (Calcium Carbonate) is what you want. Pulverized Limestone. It will gradually release bicarbonate that will neutralize the acidic soil.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Nothing is worth that!
It's 77, blue sky, light breeze, my phone app says 7 mph. The relative humidity is 22% at the moment. The brisket in my brisket, potato, egg and cheese tacos I'm having for lunch is as good as anything you'd find south of Denton, west of Tyler. Yet around here it's just "normal, nothing special" that you'd use for a taco.

Monday I have to drive about 90 miles for a meeting. The highway speed limit is 85 mph.

The live music calendar for this weekend is 4 pages on a laptop screen and that's only half of the shows.

But on some level I wish people would stop moving here. My house is assessing for 3X what it was worth 10 years ago but that doesn't do me any good because if I sold it I'd have to find another.

I'm glad we don't have state income tax. That's more I can spend on guitars.
Speaking of guitars, I can't believe how many pre-CBS Fenders are on the wall, available to try out at Austin Vintage Guitars. And the staff is so friendly. I'm off work tomorrow, maybe I'll go check them out.

Only 2 more weeks until Willie Nelson's birthday bash. It's a fun way to spend a day if you ever want to get out of the cold.

SPUDCASTER

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Treat it with iron sulphate. Granular or liquid. When it turns brown/blackish. Power rake it out. remove the debris.

Aerate it. Then put down some lime, starter fertilizer and overseed. Leave the plugs.

If it's a low area. You might have to address drainage issues. If it's a shady area. You might need to do some tree thinning and use a more shade tolerant seed mix.

Or, abandon having grass in this are if that's an option?

I grew up in the Coast Range of Oregon. Moss Central!!

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
Have you tried...
get-off-my-lawn.jpg