LavaCable TightRope V2 vs Evidence Audio SiS

pokett

TDPRI Member
Anyone have experience with both of these cable ends? I have the Evidence Audio SiS plugs:

http://evidenceaudio.com/product/sis

and have been very happy with them, but the plugs are definitely on the pricier side. I came across the 'V2' LavaCable TightRope plugs, and they appear to be the exact same thing:

http://lavacable.com/index.php?id=286

but maybe there's something different? Anyone know if I can use these V2 TightRope plugs with my Evidence Audio Monorail cable?

the tool

Tele-Holic
bump! Interesting question...

Is the lava tightrope v2 the same thing as Evidence sis, maybe even the cable is the same specs?

pokett

TDPRI Member
bump! Interesting question...

Is the lava tightrope v2 the same thing as Evidence sis, maybe even the cable is the same specs?

Thanks for the bump! I still haven't bought the Lava Tightrope solid core cable, but I **DID** buy some of the plugs/adapters and they definitely **work** but I believe the Lava cable is a slightly narrower overall outer diameter (no idea about the difference in diameter of the solid core) because it was a tighter fit putting the adapter on. It actually looked like it was slightly at risk of cutting into the shielding slightly (although I didn't see it break through, and if it **did** it should only increase the connection to the shield in the short term).

the tool

Tele-Holic
I just tried Evidence sis, bought plugs to last me a lifetime but ran out of cable. Then i noticed no one sells Monorail where i live but they do sell Tightrope :D

I will try to get monorail, feels safer to do so. But the question was interesting either way.

If the cable core is different diameter between them, the threading in the plugs will be different.

I don't think the outer diameter should cause any problems, the sis plugs with monorail are also very tight, the adapter really pinches the cable the last turn. When i take the adapter off i can see the mark on the cable from it.

But i thinks its good. The thread on the core is securing the cable and the adapter also will hold the cable really hard.

pokett

TDPRI Member
I just tried Evidence sis, bought plugs to last me a lifetime but ran out of cable. Then i noticed no one sells Monorail where i live but they do sell Tightrope :D

I will try to get monorail, feels safer to do so. But the question was interesting either way.

If the cable core is different diameter between them, the threading in the plugs will be different.

I don't think the outer diameter should cause any problems, the sis plugs with monorail are also very tight, the adapter really pinches the cable the last turn. When i take the adapter off i can see the mark on the cable from it.

But i thinks its good. The thread on the core is securing the cable and the adapter also will hold the cable really hard.
I would bet going your direction - using monorail plugs with Lava Tightrope v2 cable will work better than me going the other way (but mine seems to work just fine too). I'll take some pictures later today showing the difference between the two different plugs on the monorail cable just for kicks and giggles.