1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Latest Guitar World

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by kaiserthegreat, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

Any of you with a subscription, when did you get it? I havent got mine yet. Wonder if the mail man has it sitting in the bathroom at the post office or something!?

2. Mur

Mur Tele-Afflicted

Maybe the magazine is headed in a new direction.

3. Bulldog87

Bulldog87 Tele-Afflicted

I cancelled mine too for the same reason. Too much gothic death metal shredder stuff. I listen to country, classic rock, blues, even alternative stuff but seriously too much shredding attention.

Glad to see paisley is on this one.

4. GPartysGtr

GPartysGtr Tele-Meister

Got mine Thursday I think. Was stoked to see Paisley on the cover,

The front cover was all torn-up - and one of the few where I dug the cover so much. Called the mag and they are extending the sub for another month but wouldn't send me a new copy. Drat!

I been reading GP for 20+ years and would only pick up GW occasionally if they were covering something cool that I liked. A couple years ago they suckered me into a sub for really cheap (something like $6 I think). I kept it going since there was usually at least one or two things of interest in each issue, but I do skip over alot of the metal hi gain type artists. Just not my cup o' tea, so to speak.

5. papoon

papoon TDPRI Member

well I'm a subscriber to guitar world for about 2 years. Most of whats been said here is true, they only cover what is being sold at that moment, for example if there is a new remastered expanded box set coming out they will have a making of feature of said album with lots of rehashed stuff you already know, then bingo there is the full page advert for the box set plus a little article explaining all that is on offer with the new release. It's a good mag for keeping you up to date as far as what is coming up for sale but as far as music journalism there is none zero nadda. you will never read a negative review of anything nor a neutral review. All positive all the time. giant commercial really. I have no problem with the death metal and shredding stuff though i have no interest in it and some of the instructional columns are good but other then that its kinda like hendrix halen floyd beatles and repeat, with metal band flavor of the week in between
    did not get my April issue called them and same as the above poster they extended my subscription and told me to go buy it at a newsstand. anyway they are corporate owned so it's just a milking machine for the machine i doubt the writers involved have any say in anything and just do what the bean counters tell them. sorry everyone end of rant

lunchie it took two months to get my first issue, it depends when you subscribe and they only start shipping when all is set up so they will include you in the next shipping cycle after you subscribe.

6. Buzzin_Cousin

Buzzin_Cousin Tele-Holic

I thought the need for Guitar World died with the internet tab sites and Progarchives?

7. Delta Blues

Delta Blues Tele-Afflicted

Brent Mason is the current king of country guitar.

No offense to Brad.

8. wrxmania

wrxmania Tele-Afflicted

And playing PRS too...

9. KeithRichard

KeithRichard Tele-Holic

I'd be embarrassed to play that ***** pink paisley flowered tele....ugh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TDPRI

10. Twangalang

Twangalang Tele-Meister

It's great to see Paisley grace the cover of GW! I'm disappointed that they picked his cover of ZZ Top's Sharp Dressed Man as his featured song though. Couldn't they pick a song like Throttleneck or Nervous Breakdown?

11. Woollymonster

Woollymonster Tele-Meister

I sure hope so. Great to see and hear something other than Snot Ringed Tatted out Goth Boogers.

12. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

+1

13. blimpo

blimpo Tele-Meister

That's funny...thanks

14. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

It's all about who buys the mag- if there is a spike in readership with this issue, then you'll see more. If it goes down because the main buyers aren't interested, then it'll be back to the same 'ol, same 'ol...

15. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

So, a half page on Stephen Stills?

Or is he doing the skull mask, as well?

+

+

Btw, Brad looks weathered. He should take some time off.

16. Volitan

Volitan Tele-Holic

Well, to be fair, the last issue did have a pretty blonde female shredder on the cover :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.