1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

late to the Rutter's parts thing ,but this is genius

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Stan Martin, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Stan Martin

Stan Martin Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

2. jackal

jackal Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Rutter makes great stuff, great ideas and flawless machining. I've bought a lot of his stuff and have never been disappointed.

3. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

$25?

Yikes. An entire switch is half that price.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

5. golfnut

golfnut Friend of Leo's

I've bought several of his compensated saddles. Out the 3 I've tried, Rutters, Glendale and Callaham, Rutters are my favorite. I've thought about buying that chrome switch tip but I don't really like changing things like that, that changes the appearance of simple tele things.

6. Amby

Amby Tele-Holic

Peegoo's suggestion with the crimps works very well and you can keep the original switch tip.

nojazzhere likes this.
  7. Nickfl

Nickfl Friend of Leo's

The genius is knowing that some people need to spend too much on something in order to feel like they made the best choice, and realizing that a disproportionate amount of guitar players fall into that category.

Well, I suppose it would be genius if Stewmac and a hundred other companies hadn't figured it out first...

nojazzhere likes this.
  8. WalthamMoosical

WalthamMoosical Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Well I'm not gonna sneer--I tried to put a Fender vintage-style tip on a cheapo 3-way Tele switch and the plastic tip broke. I can probably glue it and use it on a "proper" switch but meanwhile I'm living with the silly cheap tip that came with the silly cheap switch--at least they go together properly.

9. Stan Martin

Stan Martin Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I didn't pluck down the dough,but as I said, they look great.
    101 ways to figure out how to keep a switch tip on, glues,epoxy,tape,crimping (pictured above)which I will give it a shot.

Checked out Stewmac and it looks like they do not have any with set screws and if they did they no longer have them.

The beauty of the Tele is that you can personalize them to your hearts content or mental anguish and wallet depletion.

10. FenderLover

FenderLover Poster Extraordinaire

Amen, Brother.
    I've got 6 Teles and enjoy that they are all different. Rutters, Callaham, El Dorado, Ron Kirn, Wilkenson, Electrosocket, switchcraft,...Not to mention necks, bodies, and pickups. Have fun with it. You don't get to experience these things if you just plunk down on a new CS or Masterbuilt.

ZMurph likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.