1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Late to the party: Mac DeMarco Tonight Show

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Vespa_One, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Vespa_One

Vespa_One Tele-Holic

Late to the party as usual, I had heard the name but never the music. I just saw Mac DeMarco for the first time on The Tonight Show, I really dug it! I've been listening to some of his songs and am inspired by the music. I love discovering new music, even if I didn't get on board from the get go. If you have been on another planet and never heard him check it out. Groovy! If you know of bands with a similar style/groove I'd love to hear about them, chances are I've never heard it. Rock On \,,/

2. DAKnox

DAKnox Tele-Meister

I just got into him last week! I bought his latest album. I don't really get into many "new" artists these days. I buy music every week, but I'm still buying stuff from the 60s/70s/80s there's not too much current that interests me but I really like what I've heard so far.

Bands with a similar vibe? That's a tricky one! I can hear quite a few influences in there. There's folky elements, there's modern r&b type sounds, maybe a hip-hop approach, a lo-fi DIY type sound.

Vespa_One likes this.
  3. DAKnox

DAKnox Tele-Meister

Have you ever heard of a little known Scottish band called The Beta Band? Check them out. Try a compilation album called The Three EPs. I was scratching my head trying to think of a similar band and although I haven't listened to them in a long time, they just popped into my head. Just search for the Beta Band on You Tube and tell me what you think because I'm curious now! :D They're obviously not identical, but have some things in common I think. Both are pretty original. I'm off to listen to them myself to refresh my memory, see if I'm right!

Vespa_One likes this.
  4. DAKnox

DAKnox Tele-Meister

Here's an example from the album I mentioned above...

Vespa_One likes this.
  5. Vespa_One

Vespa_One Tele-Holic

Rad I like this a lot! Lots of similarities. I could rock this mellow vibe all summer. Thanks for the recommendation, off to check out some more tunes...

DAKnox likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.