1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Late 2009/Early 2010 American Standard Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by pbballoon, Jan 21, 2021.

1. pbballoon

pbballoon NEW MEMBER!

Hello! This is my first post on the forum, so go easy on me.

A couple years back I bought this Tele from a music museum (?) of sorts in Kentucky. It's a beautiful guitar with minimal wear that looks, plays, and sounds fantastic. I set it up with a lower action and swapped out the bridge pup for a Seymor Duncan vintage.
    All I knew about the guitar, though, was that it was an American Standard Tele. Once I got it, I did a serial number lookup and found that it was from late 2009/early 2010. When I searched the internet for that particular line of guitars, however, I could not find any that matched mine exactly. There were plenty of sunbursts with either a white pickguard and a rosewood neck, or a black guard and a maple neck -- but none with a black guard and rosewood neck like mine.
    I know that the most likely explanation is that the original owner simply swapped the guard or the neck on their own, but I'm curious to see if anyone here can tell me otherwise. I love buying unique guitars, and especially love the story that comes with them, so I'd just like to see if I can get some (other) explanation for this lovely Tele's distinct set of features.

Many thanks for any help/thoughts!

unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  2. black_doug

black_doug Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Everything looks correct to me for that year. I've got a 2008 American Standard. (It's the one for my avatar.) It was the first year the saddles were changed to what you have here.

3. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

Looks correct to me as well for a 2009-2010 American Standard - except the pickguard has been changed from the stock parchment to black/white/black.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.