Last Song Which Had You Crank The Volume?

wildcatter

TDPRI Member
I know, I know... BUT everything that I have heard off the new Def Leppard album Diamond Star Halo...
Someone FINALLY was able to channel Steve. No clue if Phil dug in deep or Viv finally came into his own, but it is like Steve was there putting the "magic" touches in that before this had been missing (obviously) since he died...
Album sounds like what High and Dry or On Through The Night could have sounded like if Phil had been there instead of Pete and they had known what they were doing in a studio...
Other than that some of the stuff The Struts have put out is worth the hearing loss

LuvMeATele

TDPRI Member
Wait, what's a volume control? If I have music on in my car it's at max. No matter what I'm listening to. I didn't realize there was a way to make it quieter... Not that would if I could, mind you. ;)

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Boys of Summer....pure tele twang, awesome syncopation, growling fretless bass, and of course, Henley's voice soaring- what a combination!
And don't forget the perfect seasoning in this sauce is Mike Campbell.

MX80

TDPRI Member
I love Requiem but the answer to the question is John Prine and I turned this up loud in the car to catch every word and note

Gary135r

Tele-Meister
This has been my 'go-to' version of 'Won't Get Fooled Again' for a long while now - simply brilliant!
If the 'young people of today' want to know what 'classic rock' was all about (and why we're all f-king deaf), show them this. And turn it up!

You know the backstory of this version? This was the ending to the film "The Kids are Alright" and the director thought the first take of this song wasn't rock and roll enough so on the second take, The Who gave him what he wanted and the rest is history.