Last Song Which Had You Crank The Volume?

526THz

Tele-Meister
The last one I've found myself cranking up the volume with (in my car, yesterday) was Hell Patrol by Judas Priest.
I think the sound of the whole Painkiller album asks to set volume to 11...

Frank Entele

TDPRI Member
For the serious hyper-blues, blues lover, crank this #2 song from Johnny's first ( official) solo record.
Let this guitar intro tear you head off- don't fight it!
( yesterday, In my car):

I had this on YESTERDAY. The CD has a permanent spot in the multi carousel, piped through an old Yamaha R2000 and some Klipsch Fortes pin my music room. Volume at a brisk 4.5 on that amp gets Johnny going!

great record -

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I had this on YESTERDAY. The CD has a permanent spot in the multi carousel, piped through an old Yamaha R2000 and some Klipsch Fortes pin my music room. Volume at a brisk 4.5 on that amp gets Johnny going!

great record -
IMO, Johnny had a way of getting his sound/tone ( not talking about his Chorus use, later) with any guitar or amp combination he played.
His playing and touch just transcends the gear.
Just saying we heard Johnny play a Strat, SG, Les Pauls, Firebird, Lazers, Fender Xll( strung as a 6)- always Johnny

Those first two albums were recorded with either a Fender Duo-Sonic/Mustang, or an Epiphone Wilshire ( or Crestwood)- cheap guitars!

I feel like Johnny Winter loved the blues, playing blues, more than anyone ever- a real gift to us.

GlenroseMedia

NEW MEMBER!
For me lately, I’ve “rediscovered” Sunspot Baby, by Bob Seger. That guitar tone has stuck in my head since grade school- first song I ever learned to play (by ear, anyway)…