Last Song Which Had You Crank The Volume?

Spox

Tele-Meister
Not long home and this came on the ipod whilst walking and I put the volume to max and when it finished listened to it again.
It takes me back almost forty years to when I first heard it. What's the last song which had you reaching for the volume control to turn it up?

Double Stop

Tele-Holic
Not long home and this came on the ipod whilst walking and I put the volume to max and when it finished listened to it again.
It takes me back almost forty years to when I first heard it. What's the last song which had you reaching for the volume control to turn it up?

Nice!

I finally got to see them live for the first time in 2018 and they played that in the set and it sounded great LIVE & LOUD! Here are some pics I took including the set list I managed to snag at the end of the show. I was in the front the entire time.

IMG_3877.jpg
IMG_3875.jpg
IMG_3895.JPG
IMG_3915.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3872.jpg
    IMG_3872.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Esquire Jones

Tele-Holic

I remember cranking this on vinyl back in the day! Love these guys.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
The band I play in usually closes with Merle Haggard’s Think I’ll Just Sit Here And Drink.
Leader Nathan says thank you and goodnight, and I solo two times through the changes.
I turn up and rock out a bit.
It’s pretty’s much the only time I do stuff like that anymore.
Kinda fun, if it’s crowded.
Kinda like going through the motions if it ain’t.
I should probably work on my solos a bit.
Actually, I definitely should!

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Seriously? They would have sounded better with low wattage combo amps. Kidding! 😆

This absolutely stands the test of time. Incredible! 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻
Funny in real life ( me, aging, it's brewpub & Cafe gigs) I am THE 'low-wattage combo' guy! ( literally 8" and 10" amps, in a few R&R trios)

But playing this song with this gear/band/volume must have been an absolute rush!

Last edited:

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
The band I play in usually closes with Merle Haggard’s Think I’ll Just Sit Here And Drink.
Leader Nathan says thank you and goodnight, and I solo two times through the changes.
I turn up and rock out a bit.
It’s pretty’s much the only time I do stuff like that anymore.
Kinda fun, if it’s crowded.
Kinda like going through the motions if it ain’t.
I should probably work on my solos a bit.
Actually, I definitely should!
I love the guitar solos in that song! I’ll bet that’s fun.