1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Last Piece of Gear You SOLD?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by JayFreddy, Jul 21, 2018.

1. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

An AKAI MPK61 Midi Keyboard Controller.

JayFreddy likes this.
  2. RyCo1983

RyCo1983 Tele-Afflicted

2010 Gibson Les Paul Junior Special, the limited run with an ebony fretboard.

Killer guitat, but my good friend, from whom I had puchased it, was looking for another P90 guitar, and I'm not gigging.
    Back home she goes!

JayFreddy likes this.
  3. Gunny

Gunny Tele-Holic

G&L ASAT bass. I'm obsessed by the Tele body shape but I did not bond with the G&L despite its fine materials and build. I sold it for a good price and replaced it with a Squier VM Tele medium scale bass (avatar). That bass became my go-to despite the fact I have many other top of the line instruments including a PRS Kingfisher, also for sale, on consignment at a local store. Didn't bond with that one either.

JayFreddy likes this.
  4. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

FSR Bullet Tele, in BSB, I bought it when MF was doing the special $119 pricing, then I got the little FA T-type for free when I bought a Taylor T-5 gig bag from a thrift store. I found that I liked the FA better, so rather than send the Tele back, I put it out at the local swap; at the time they were either unavailable or the usual $179 price, so I was able to get my money back + a few bucks.

At the same show I sold a the little Epi A/E that they sell as a pack guitar, nice but I finally got my old US made Ovation Ultra squared away, so I wan't using it, took a little hit on it, but the Ovation was a good deal so I'm still on the plus side in the A/E ledger.

JayFreddy likes this.
  5. jglenn

jglenn Tele-Afflicted

I took several items to Thunder Road Guitars in Seattle for consignment last month.So far have sold a black Mexi Strat with factory flames paint.Also sold a PRS Zach Myers to my old jamming buddy in June.Have a Vox AC-10,79 Deluxe Reverb,and 81 Ibanez as-50 for sale at the shop still.
    I decided to do a gear purge of some of the stuff I never used.

JayFreddy likes this.
  6. heltershelton

heltershelton Tele-Afflicted

in 2005 i sold my marshall jcm2000 half stack to help finance my move from oklahoma to florida.
    wish i still had it, but ive got my 900.

JayFreddy likes this.
  7. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

Epiphone Hummingbird (bad tuners)

JayFreddy likes this.
  8. bluzkat

bluzkat Tele-Holic

I sold my '57 LP Jr. about 8 years ago, it was the last of my Gibsons. I bought a used AV '62 Tele, a Blues Jr. and pocketed the rest of the cash. Not bad considering I paid $225 for it back in '83.

I guess my time with Gibson was up, I had been playing them since the '60s. I now have a nice stable of Fenders and have no intentions of selling any of them.

JayFreddy and Jimmy Owen like this.
  9. bftfender

bftfender Poster Extraordinaire

funny was just discussing this with my wife....i drew a line...5 guitars...4 tube amp heads...4(1x12 cabs) 2 (2x12) 1 (4x12).10 pedals.i can afford more but this is my threshold of what i actually need(i do gig pretty seriously when a cd is done),,,i 50's tele.jpg can do anythng within these parameters..trade wise or purchase and sell..i end up with some regular stuff...not high end...last thing i sold was a Peavey delta blues 1x15

JayFreddy likes this.
  10. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Friend of Leo's

The LAST bit of kit to get sold was a Korg Kontakt 49 MIDI keyboard controller that I owned for about 15 years and never used. Maybe I plugged it in once to see if it worked and then it went on the shelf. I'm not really a keyboard player but I have done a lot of MIDI stuff and I figured I should have at least one thing with buttons and MIDI interface. As it turns out I still have three others. Got a whopping $25 for it but at least it's gone.

Guitar wise, I sold an Ibanez AMF-73 (visually somewhat of a cross between a Rickenbacker and a Danelectro). It played pretty well but I realized that 2V/2T is not for me and the pickup toggle was right where my hand would hit it frequently. Gloss neck also - don't hate gloss necks, don't love 'em either.

I also sold the nice looking champagne sparkle Dearmond/Guild M75T. I'd purchased it a bit on a whim after coming back from NAMM and deciding I REALLY had to have a guitar with a Bigsby. This guitar was also 2V/2T, had single coil pickups, nice clean sound, weighed a TON and needed a strap even when sitting down. Another gloss neck. Also, the low E string was too close to the edge of the fretboard and I kept pushing it off when I played. Although possible to compensate, none of my other guitars do that, so why bother? I noticed that in pictures of others of that same model, the E-A spacing on the nut is visibly wider than the other strings and so it seems like a fundamental design flaw. Yeah, I could do this and that to try to fix it, but as I've said many a time, I don't buy guitars to work on them. Once I got the Squier Deluxe Jazzmaster, the Digsby seemed a bit less of a must-have and so away it went. Buh-bye!

JayFreddy likes this.
  11. Fred Rogers

Fred Rogers Tele-Afflicted

A crybaby

JayFreddy likes this.
  12. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Good timing with this thread. It took me a couple years pondering the selling of the best built electric that I have ever owned, but about a year ago I sold off my '82 Yamaha SG800. It was part of my difficult trimming down process as I have entered the recording rabbit hole. Now, that is has been a year, thankfully, I don't miss it. My focus has taken me away from the solid mahogany body/double humbucker tones. 3 electrics and 3 acoustics sits well with me now.

I still have 4 pedals to sell off as part of my trimming down process. I suppose when I need another mic, I'll have more incentive to put them on fleaBay.:rolleyes:

13. Chikubi

Chikubi Tele-Meister

Gretsch G5422G-12 Electromatic 12-string.

Great guitar, and no problem with it being a 12-string, but the neck is noticeably wider than typical, plus kinda shallow, so it made my left hand cramp up after playing for a bit. Traded it in for a Gretsch 6-string with a more comfy neck and a Big Muff.

JayFreddy likes this.
  14. Bowpickins

Bowpickins Tele-Meister

Last thing I sold was my 2016 Nashville Telecaster, I didn't really bond with it very well unfortunately. :(

Attached Files:

JayFreddy likes this.
  15. kbraker

kbraker Tele-Meister

I sold a few pedals that I bought at the local chain pawn shop along with a bass for about half of what they go for used. It was an experiment to see if I could make a couple extra bucks. I need to sell the bass in order to be in the black.

JayFreddy likes this.
  16. ozan

ozan TDPRI Member

Fly Rig RK5 and i’m starting to regret it.

JayFreddy likes this.
  17. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

I sold an Epiphone ES339 Pro and an Ibanez AFJ95 in order to buy my Eastman AR403CE and never liked back. I loved the sound of the Ibanez but it didn’t really ever fit me (too deep), and I never really bonded with the Epiphone.

JayFreddy likes this.
  18. Charlie Bernstein

Charlie Bernstein Poster Extraordinaire

A '71 Martin D-28, about two months ago. (I'm keeping my Numero Uno, a '76 Guild D-35, for the duration.)

Now on the block: A circa '16 National Smith & Young squareneck reso.

JayFreddy likes this.
  19. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

I too am better at buying and accumulating gear. As a general rule, I deliberate long and hard before making a purchase, and so I'm not likely to sell it. I also tend to buy brands that are quality but have less brand name recognition and therefore less perceived resale value (Hohner, Breedlove, Wechter, Peavey, Logan Custom instead of Martin, Gibson, Fender, etc.), so selling items from my collection wouldn't be that profitable anyway.

That said, after suffering a heart attack and subsequent quadruple bypass surgery in August of 2014, I sold some guitars and gear. I was no longer playing with a band or in a duo, so in 2015 I sold some Peavey amps and several guitars. I think the most recent sale was late in 2015, my PA system (Peavey XR8600D powered mixer, Peavey PR12 speakers, with the accompanying speaker cables and stands).

Peavey XR8600D - front.jpg Peavey PR12 - front.jpg

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    JayFreddy likes this.
  20. Strebs

Strebs Tele-Meister

My Deluxe Powerhouse Strat. I loved it but since I purchased my Elite Strat I hadn't picked it up for months. I like everything about the Elite better. The Powerhouse was moved on to someone who will love it and play it.

JayFreddy likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.