Last night, I lost the best friend I've ever had.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
We used to always have several pets, no dogs due to allergies but a cat, a hedgehog, some guinea pigs, a Patagonian cavy, a couple of possums for a while and now only one, a chinchilla who has the entire guest bedroom to herself.
I actually worry about my wife for having just one who will inevitably leave.
I don’t think of pets as species, more as little souls.
You can’t just buy a replacement.
There’s a neighbor cat we love that nags and cajoles us to let him stay but we try not to get attached.
A few days without a visit has me longing for that adoring little critter gazing up like I was a god.
Funny how legit unconditional love can get to us.

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
That be nice. I'm working 24 hours today. Fortunately the whole family went and spent the day with my wife. This is very hard on her. Thank you all again.
Sorry to hear that...I understand though. I received the call a year ago that my Father died while out walking a postal route in another city. There was no point in racing home, nothing I can do about it, and just finished the job in the cold. The grief would come later.

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
jim622 I'm so sorry for the loss of Jake and wish that there was something or anything we could do to ease your sense of loss and pain.

Gimble

Tele-Meister
My condolences.

I know first hand how hard it is to lose a friend and member of the family.

Rest In Peace Angel until you meet your owner again.

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
I am so sorry for your loss. Been there, and I have two fairly young dogs at present, so I will be again. My prayers for your family.

Nothing in my opinion is harder than losing a dog. The only flaw dogs have is that their lives are too short.

Great Danes are wonderful. Back when I was running sound as a hobby/second job, I did a motorcycle rally outside of the town where I lived, on the vast property of a couple from church who hosted the event. We did that for seven years, and two generations of their Great Dane dogs who took it all in stride. Greeted everyone, ate all the scraps that were dropped, and got tons of petting and love.

RIP Jake, Astro, and Lucky. You're all playing together now I bet.

Greg70

Tele-Holic
There's nothing like the love of a loyal canine. They say that nobody is perfect. I think the reason that we outlive our dogs is because if they lived as long as us then they would be perfect.

Oxidao

Tele-Holic
but a cat, a hedgehog, some guinea pigs, a Patagonian cavy, a couple of possums for a while and now only one, a chinchilla
😳 😂

9DBF73D4-CCF3-495A-8CE7-1A02AF9AEAEA_4_5005_c.jpeg

Tarkus60

Tele-Holic
I feel ya, such a beautiful puppers! So sorry for your loss.
We buried ours a few years ago. I said never again, my wife changed that.....we have a miss Bella Rose now.
She is puppers!

rob5755

Tele-Holic
I feel for you. I have been there several times and it's never easy. The pain will eventually subside and the good, the memories will endure.

Hang in there. 👍