Last night, I lost the best friend I've ever had.

billy logan

Tele-Holic
My boxer mix passed away at this time of day on a sunny Sunday morning like this one, 7 a.m., over 19 years back. Natural causes, just a few hours after the 1st time ever he was unable to jump up on the bed. Of course I lifted him. so - - - - - - - -

He loved harmonica (and the didgeridoo from the stereo)

Next universe dogs and people both live 100 sun years

Looks like Jake loved sharing the experiences and the togetherness with y'all! :)

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
So sorry to hear of Jake's passing Jim. It's clear that he had a loving home and family.

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
So sorry about Jake. There've been so many leaving this week alone. It brings tears to my eyes. I never think of dogs in terms of ownership. We're responsible for them. We bring them into the family and love and care for them. They return the love many times over and give us companionship. They listen but never criticize. Jakes love will keep you strong through your grieving. We took in a papillon when my father in law died. This is his last winter for sure. I hope he sees spring. Sorry. I don't do well with this.

jtees4

Tele-Afflicted
RIP Jake....I am so sorry. My Bennie (Jack Russell) is 10, but smaller (20 pounds) so probably has a few years left even though he's been having a hard time. He has some tumors etc. He got his yearly vaccines yesterday, his entire paw swelled up and he could not even set his foot on the ground yesterday, he was just in a lot of pain. Woke up today and he's doing better....AND THEN I READ YOUR POST, and it showed me how grateful I need to be, I truly feel very bad for you because Bennie is my best and sometimes only friend. Truly sorry for your loss.

James824

TDPRI Member
Sorry for your loss.

I am sure Jake was welcomed on the Rainbow Bridge by many wonderful dogs and is enjoying their company and support.