Last August I was in Highland Hospitals E.R.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ping-ping-clicka, Oct 17, 2020 at 2:27 PM.

1. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

The day before my birthday, oh my they say getting gut shot is painful, that is a mild understatement, something for pain ,mmmm morphine made a true statement ended up on a gurney talking To this year's edition of Dr Roberts being wheeled into the E.R. as I had life threatening internal bleeding

I woke up kinda...bbbllllurrrr:)rrrr with an ostomy ( a bag hanging from my belly for pooh ) on or for my birthday, complete with a lot of pain .... ah, here comes Dr Robert's friend mmmmm that better Morphine Sulphate will take the edge of your day, Just don't get started unless it's under your a strict regimen supervised by a knowledgeable Medical staff. Or you'll end up attending a gazillion N.A. meetings before you're Down for the Dirt Nap. just ask how would I know, don't tell anybody because it's an anonymous program:rolleyes: la laa la la

"Oh" said Jane to Dick, "not only can Sally not dance, she's looking like she has a heroin habit"
    2-GROOVE-ALIENS-ATTACK.jpg
    "grrrrrr grrrrr" growled Spot."grrrrrr!"
    Stop that spot! ,bad dog, bad dog!
    Addiction is an illness not a moral issue
    said Dick confidently

That's not what I called to talk about though.

Every year I depend on the regularity of the coming of mid October, and the end to all that glorious California Sun, sun sun, and "warm" weather wanting it needing it, to be gone, thru, done, finis, finito, outta here.
    Well as you may be aware, it's October 17 and my studio apartment at the Hotel Derelict is 90* degrees at 10:20 a.m.
    Now before you go off, yes I know about the devastating floods all over the planet lately,, landslides sea-levels rising Goodbye Miami, record droughts that are lasting decades, massive forest fires, the water pollution in Flint, and who knows where else, yes I am a confirmed covid hermit living in a bubble, but my bubble is not waterproof or sound proof, Covid does not filter out the sad, bad or disgusting unfortunately , maybe.
    I chose not to live 15 miles from death valley for a reason and rushed back to the great mother of mediterranean climates the bay area of San Francisco, a Mecca for LBGTB rights and enlightenment.
    the Federal 9th District Court, a good transit system plenty of diversity, live and let live , nothings funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding, Peet's coffee, The Cafe Mediterranean, the Gilman Street project,:D
    I did not move back home to suffer the insult to injury and the discomfort of the August heat after mid-October
    Humph!

HUMAN KINDNESS.jpg

2. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

Highland Hospital - oh yeah, I know that place.

ping-ping-clicka likes this.
  3. ping-ping-clicka

You know Highland hospital in Oakland USA?
    Netherlands? You must have a lot of frequent flier miles.
    and speaking of which Plan D has been turned back on, so my regular monthly medication payments dropped from $50.00 a month to $ 7.84 a month.

SuprHtr and jhundt like this.
  4. jhundt

I was born and raised in Oakland CA. In fact I worked in the city building maintenance division for 15 years, I know just about every inch of that place.

5. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Holy moly PPC!

Lot to unpack here...

6. ping-ping-clicka

so, how's the Beer in the Netherlands. Thank you for being an integral part of the service to the people of Alameda County, without the city building maintenance division we'd all be in deep dooh.
    Thank You.

HUMAN KINDNESS.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 8:56 AM
    jhundt likes this.
  7. jhundt

Beer is OK here, but I have unorthodox tastes. The ready availability of Belgian beers is a plus.

Are any City of Oakland buildings still standing? I could tell some stories of neglect, inefficiency and mismanagement - if I cared much about it anymore. It's been over 20 years since I left that place.

8. ping-ping-clicka

Well the cop shop is still under federal supervison to many suspect had broken bodies and were dying of lead poisoning but that been around since the twenties ,not the feds the mysterious injury and mortality stats, but hey Long Beach P.D. makes Oakland seem like the children's petting zoo.

9. jhundt

I spent many many weeks in the old Hall of Justice, painting the jail cells, the homicide offices, even the forensics department (at the height of the OJ trial - you should have heard how they felt about that!) I heard that the jail has been closed. Too bad, I remember many a happy baloney-on-white-bread sandwich in the guards' canteen. Here's a city painter at work on the roof of the old police building...
    upload_2020-10-18_14-15-0.png

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 8:15 AM
    Toto'sDad and ping-ping-clicka like this.
  10. ping-ping-clicka

Aw haw! a union painter, good to see oakland was in good hands as it were.I have wondered what being a guard at Santa Rita the new one, what the actual cost emotionally psychically, spiritually on the guards and staff. I wonder, does PTSD occur from being there and just being exposed to the environment .
    I'm not placing a moral ethical judgement on people that have jobs in the incarceration industry, I just wonder if it's as heavy as the dues cops pay for being the thin blue line.
    Darn it there I go thinking about human suffering and not which color of pickguard my limited edition tele should have , the one it came with or would black look better than the tortoise shell.:twisted:

0 letter head.png

11. P Thought

P Thought Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

My first wife was B / R in Albany, and her dad was a retired Berkeley policeman. We visited her aunt in Oakland occasionally.

I vote tortoise.

12. John Backlund

John Backlund Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Appears to be applying the clear coat.

13. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

14. Wallaby

Wallaby Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

duuuuuude

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.