1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Las Vegas TDPRI Gathering

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Seminole90, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Seminole90

Seminole90 Tele-Afflicted

Las Vegas seems to have attracted quite a few TDPRI members to her glitzy streets. :cool: A number of folks expressed an interest in getting together after TPRI's own Johnny Isaac's recent arrival here in town.

I'm proposing a get together. How about we shoot for Friday the 10th or Saturday evening the 11th of November. I'm working on a location and have a couple of locations in mind. Since a few members are just shy of 21, I'm looking at a location that will be inclusive of everyone. Please feel free to send suggestions if you have them. The general idea is to have a casual get together where everyone can just say hello, enjoy some great company, good food, and of course discuss our favorite guitar and all that is related. If it all looks good perhaps a jam can be arranged for a later date. Please feel free to PM me with any questions or suggestions. Of course, for any TDPRI members who happen to be in Vegas and want to stop by, let me know, you're welcome too!

Warm regards,
    Rob

2. skinny ted

skinny ted TDPRI Member

awesome
    glad you made this thread.
    lookin forward to meeting some vegas tdpri-ers

3. JDC

JDC Tele-Holic

Count me in, too !

As long as I don't have to leave town to work, by then, I'll be there !!

4. Tele295

Tele295 Poster Extraordinaire

Love to go, but I can't do that weekend. Too many gigs already booked in CA

5. Seminole90

Sorry about the length of time to get back. I'm going to list some options below and those interested just post, PM, or e-mail me with your pick. If we don't get enough takers or the scheduling doesn't work, we can reset the date and try again.

Option 1
    - Meet Friday evening at the Bootlegger Bistro. The Bootlegger is a Las Vegas landmark that is open 24/7 has great food, live entertainment and is popular with a lot of entertainers.

Option 2
    - Meet Saturday morning for Brunch at Hash House A Go Go. This restaurant has one of the best breakfasts on the planet!

Option 3
    - Meet Saturday evening down at Fremont Street (perhaps the Triple George Bar and Grill) and then catch the free Aaron Tippin Concert. The deal here is that the TDPRI's own CowboyTwang is performing in the opening act. I tried to contact CowboyTwang, but I suspect that he has been very busy.

I'll gladly provide links and directions to any of the events or locations.

All are welcome to comment or suggest an alternative. Majority rules, but we do want to get started! :)

Warm regards,
    Rob

6. cowboytwang

cowboytwang Poster Extraordinaire

OK,
    I just made back home a few minutes ago and have to fly back out in the morning.

The guy I'm playing for is Daylon Wear. I haven't met him yet, but we are supposed to have a rehearsal Thursday night when I get back in town.

Here are the show times for this weekend on Fremont Street.

NOVEMBER 10
    Daylon Wear
    3rd Street Stage 08:00PM-11:00PM

NOVEMBER 11

Daylon Wear
    3rd Street Stage 06:00PM-08:00PM

Aaron Tippin
    3rd Street Stage 09:00PM-11:00PM

NOVEMBER 12

Daylon Wear
    3rd Street Stage 07:00PM-10:00PM

So far, next week from Nov 15th through Nov 19th I'm completely open if anyone wants to get together.

7. JDC

JDC Tele-Holic

I wouldn't mind seeing the Aaron Tippen thing, but we'd probably get better acquainted (less distracted?) over breakfast ( which equates to brunch for most pickers lol). No matter; get a consensus and let me know. Wherever we get together is fine by me.

8. Seminole90

Just spoke with a couple of area TDPRI members. The leading trend right now is brunch on Saturday, and then those interested in hooking up later to go to the concert at Fremont Street can do so. However, we still want try to include more folks if we can, since some folks are busy. Realizing that this is all short notice, the schedule isn't set in stone yet. :)

Warm regards,
    Rob

9. Johnny Isaacs

Johnny Isaacs Tele-Afflicted

I'm not sure how I missed this thread....

...but I'm in for the meet and greet. I have to work Friday morning and when I go, I'll find out what my Saturday and Sunday are looking like.

Lookin' forward to it,

Johnny Isaacs

10. Seminole90

Here's a new proposed plan (ver. 2.1.a.) . . . those who can will meet this weekend on Saturday at 11:00 at Hash-House-A-Go-Go for Brunch and we'll put together something a bit more inclusive for the next round of the Las Vegas TDPRI members. :)

Here is a link to the restaurant site: http://www.hashhouseagogo.com/home.html

The place is located at 6800 West Sahara Ave.

Let me know what you think and if you'll be able to make it.

Warm regards,
    Rob

11. Seminole90

Some additional info - For those that want to meet this weekend we can go ahead and do so and perhaps start putting together something like a jam or at least sow the seeds for the next time. Again, I'm proposing 11:00 a.m. at the Hash House for those that would like to meet. Of course, significant others and friends are welcome.

The odds look better for more folks getting together Friday the 17th or Saturday the 18th. I recommend we shoot for a get together on one of those evenings at the Bootlegger Bistro which is supposed to be a pretty nice place. I would propose getting together at 7:00 on either Friday or Saturday evening next week. For those who expressed an interest please look for a PM in your box.

Warm regards,
    Rob

12. JDC

JDC Tele-Holic

Hey Rob,

Got a call from Montreal this AM, but don't fear...I'm still here for a bit !! I may have to fly there for a couple of shows, but it won't be until after Saturday.

11:00 AM Saturday at the Hash House works for me. Shouldn't be too tough to find, as I live in the 6500 block of a parallel street !!).

Jerry

13. Johnny Isaacs

Johnny Isaacs Tele-Afflicted

Looks like I'm in!

Lookin' forward to meeting some Vegas TDPers.

Johnny Isaacs

14. lvbluesboy

lvbluesboy TDPRI Member

Looks like my trip out of town may be cancelled. I am going to show up at the Hash House if at all possible. Are we still on for 11:00am?

Unless something different is posted, I will figure the time is accurate.

15. Seminole90

We're still set for 11:00 a.m.

:cool:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.