Landlord pedals... very cheap, very small, sound good!

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by Bristlehound, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Friend of Leo's

These are pretty new over here in the UK... and I must say the Amber Nectar Overdrive pedal sounds very good over a slightly pushed amp, and at 29 Earth Pounds it's a bit of a bargain. There's a decent range of effects available. (No affiliation)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    idjster and neilybob100 like this.
  2. Brian blaut

Brian blaut Friend of Leo's

I love Anderson’s vids, and that goes for double when Chapman is there,

neilybob100 likes this.
  3. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

These are just rebranded Rowin pedals. Nothing new here. And they have no concept of the two modes on the overdrive pedal, which are called warm and hot on the Rowin version. The switch down is the warm setting, with higher distortion, but lower output level (the standard TS style clipped diode overdrive type setting). The switch up is much lower distortion but much higher output, because the less a signal is clipped the more output level you have. For those who don't understand this concept, please see Brian Wampler's videos on gain and clipping, or his explanation of the three modes on his Euphoria pedal. They're good players, but Lee and Rob are morons. They don't even know that the bridge on a Strat can be adjusted to float or not. What do they think is behind the back plate? I guess when you're wealthy you don't setup your own guitars, or even change your strings yourself. They don't even bother to learn the specs on a new Fender model before the camera starts rolling! How many times have I heard Rob ask Lee, "Is this an Alder body?, or is this a Rosewood board?" to which Lee replies "I don't know, let me look at the spec sheet". I know the specs on almost every Fender and Squier guitar made, and I'm not the owner of the largest Fender dealer in the UK. Jeez Louise!

VintageSG, Hedek and Chunkocaster like this.
  4. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Tele-Afflicted

Different chassis same algorithms, by now we know how it works most of the time....

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    Chunkocaster likes this.
  5. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

They do look like every second Chinese budget pedal but with a fancier paint job.
    These pedals seem to be sold under something like 5 different brand names. All varying in price.
    Amoon, Azor, Rowin, T Cube, Muslady, Mooer and more.
    [​IMG]

T Cube pedals

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    Thin white duke likes this.
  6. neilybob100

neilybob100 Tele-Meister

Haven't tried this brand yet.

I bought up a load of the Tone City pedals which are probably similar in tone and spec.

Enjoy. [​IMG]

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Chunkocaster likes this.
  7. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Should be popular with the people on here who make drunk purchases.

8. stormsedge

stormsedge Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Donners and Danolectrics seem to find their way to my board.

9. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

I have a love/hate relationship with pedals. I tried so hard to find the tone I was looking for with them that I stopped using them altogether. Now I just use the odd one (speaking of Danolectrics) and the occasional EHX B9 and C9 when I want to sound like a different instrument. But I've got nothing against these or other less expensive pedals. I finally decided to stop chasing other people's sounds and just live with my own. YMMV.

10. jddub440

jddub440 Tele-Holic

I am enjoying the pub/drinking theme of this series :cool:.....and its almost 5 oclock in my neck of the woods!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.