Lacquer Friendly stands

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by Rigel7, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Fretting out

Fretting out Tele-Afflicted

I’d have to second that some of the black ones will eat nitro seen it many times at the local store “discounts now” ;) , the only ones I trust are string swing

2. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's

I had a woven strap do the same on my newly finished white Jaguar. I managed to buff most of it out with some copier paper and you need to look for it now. I hoped the nitro would get some light wear to it quite quickly, so a slightly yellowed patch fits in with that brief but it was still annoying.

Mr. Neutron likes this.
  3. Chuckster

Chuckster Tele-Holic

4. IrishTeleDan

IrishTeleDan TDPRI Member

Same here.

5. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

This thread concerns lacquer friendly stands", and agains - Post 1960 Rickbackers are not finished with lacquer. You experienced a reaction between stand material and Ric's proprietary conversion varnish.

I feel for ya', but t has nothing to do with the thread topic. The chemical reaction involved is totally different than it would be with lacquer.

6. Rhomco

Rhomco Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Wrap your stands contact surfaces with leather shoelaces. Been doing this for 30 years. Never had any damage to my nitro guitars.

7. TX_Slinger

TX_Slinger TDPRI Member

This. I picked up an "Amazon Basics" stand that is the best guitar stand I've ever owned regarding the way it held the guitar, stability, etc. I ended up getting 3 more for the rest of the guitarist in my household. Only problem wasn't reactive padding, it was that the covering compressed to the point the guitars were sitting on metal. I just ended up laying old t-shirts across the lower supports. Steel, folds up, holds both bass and my 9.5 lb Schecter well, so everything else is really stable on the stand.

AmazonBasics Guitar Folding A-Frame Stand for Acoustic and Electric Guitars https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018FCZKR2/?tag=tdpri-20

8. JimInMO

JimInMO Tele-Meister

I've had that stand at our rehearsal space for a number of years and recently discovered it makes a good amp stand. Tilts my Super Champ XD back at just the right angle.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.