Kyle Busch should be expelled from NASCAR!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Joe-Bob, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Westerly Sunn

Westerly Sunn Poster Extraordinaire

I'm not a fan and don't follow racing events, but you guys are tellin' me that this guy put another driver into the wall under a caution and they didn't ban him?

NASCAR doesn't respect itself or deserve any respect from anyone else if they let a driver get away with that for any reason... imo... :lol:

2. Telarkaster

Telarkaster Friend of Leo's

Bah, harmless tomfoolery by girly men. I want to see real racing:

:twisted:

3. tlimbert65

tlimbert65 Tele-Afflicted

He put another driver head-on into a concrete wall at triple-digit speeds. Under yellow. Either he did it deliberately, or unintentionally. If it was deliberate, it was damn near attempted murder. If it was unintentional, then he's too out of control to be on the racetrack. If there's really not a guy out there who hasn't put someone into the wall intentionally, then this is a sport full of psychopaths.

4. xsthomas

xsthomas TDPRI Member

Its a boring sport now more than ever before, no matter what antics these guys pull.

5. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Maybe it's a but harsh, but IMO for Busch to run up to the guy's bumper under a caution and floor it, driving him into the wall, that is very close to a "civilian" driver on a public road driving up on the sidewalk and flooring it, in a fit of road rage. Attempted manslaughter, at best.

Had Busch tapped him into the wall under green, that's FAR different. It was under a caution. No excuse, and he should lose the rest of this season at the minimum.

6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Unless I am seriously mistaken there is a soft SAFER barrier on the walls of TMS, including where Ron hit.

I think one of Big Dale Earnhardt's biggest disappointments was his other son, Kerry Earnhardt. Kerry was racing against a very talented and promising young driver, Blaise Alexander, at a facility that did not have a SAFER barrier and Kerry turned Blaise straight into the wall at very high speed (accidental or basically IMO lack of competence) and Blaise died of a basal skull fracture.

So, IMO it is not so much that Ron was on the verge of being killed. It was more of a unmistakable demonstration that Kyle didn't care either way, so long as Kyle lived.

One of the issues with Kyle, as remarkable as his skills are, is that he does not have the experience of a serious injury to him or close to him I guess or maybe he just does not care. I have watched various drivers dial back a little (Jeff Gordon, Rusty Wallace, Jimmie Spencer, Johnny Benson) after wrecking bad and Kyle has never learned and other drivers sense he is not with them.

You just cannot drive with other people if they don't have "rules" that include treating the other driver as though his life is worth just as much as yours.

7. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

Try water skiing some time. 'Cuz I'm here to tall ya, that water gets pretty hard @ 55mph.

Drag your mattress out to your front lawn. Take a belly flop on to it from your porch roof. Report your findings here. :twisted:

Yeah, real men race motorcycles. Except I don't anymore. What did it for me was when Todd Henning got his head bashed in a wreck, 250GP at Daytona I think. Competitive racer to learning to talk all over again in an instant. It wouldn't be the first time I toned it down to play guitar. I've seen more guys limp away from the Turn 1A tire wall at Loudon with shattered wrists. Ever see how tendons pull a hand out of shape with a broken wrist? I have one goal in life: I wanna get buried with most of the parts I got right now, thank you very much! I don't wanna spend six months re-learning guitar every time I throw the bike away. :rolleyes:

Racing is what happens under the green flag. That was the Busch / Hornady wiggle and contact with the wall. No harm, no foul... get 'er back to the pits, pull the fenders out and get some fresh tires.

Kyle "*******" Busch hunted Hornady down under the caution. That's a yellow flag. Pure road rage. Busch's spotter was yellin' "Calm down! Calm down!" in his ear because the young Mr. Busch apparently doesn't posess that little internal voice that tells the rest of us when we're clearly in the wrong. Busch was clearly in the wrong so many ways. They were fifteen laps in with most of the race to go. No reason to push that hard that early. Busch is a visitor in the truck series. Sure, he races the truck series but he doesn't get any points. Peckerhead Busch would get a little annoyed if some backmarker blocked him in Cup, that's understandable. But the ultimate dumb-ass move was racin' the probable series champion fifteen laps in. Oh, right. That wasn't the dumb-ass move. The dumb-ass move was wreckin' the probable series champion when the caution came out.

Sportsmanship? What sportsmanship? Who are we becoming? Dumb-Ass Nation, perhaps? What happens when we apply those same rules everywhere? Bumpin' and bangin' at the checkout aisle at Mall-Wart? Do you really wanna drive to work or cross the street with retards like that on the loose? :rolleyes:

8. boris bubbanov

I've had a journal somewhere with about 675 whitewater kayak trips in it (I only went 10 times in 2011) including running waterfalls almost 30 feet high. Yeah the water is aerated and if the boat enters the water just right, it isn't that bad. (Hike back up and do it 3X more times! :D).

But some times you don't get the landing right, or you hit a rock or log down in there that wasn't in play last time. Oh, you don't have to tell me Ron took a hit that most of us here would need months to recover from. Ow!

I've backed off myself because, while the hits are survivable, it gets harder and harder to get out of bed. Something you could care less about at age 25.

9. Fenderfiend

Fenderfiend Tele-Meister

I was a marginal fan at best, but yeah, he needs to be banned the rest of the season.
    His spotter was practically begging him to calm down just before he caused the wreck.

Joe Gibbs didn't have the balls to answer one single question with a straightforward answer...
    Even a question so simple as "Was it wrong for him to do that?"

How hard is it to state the obvious? For all his experience with toughness he sure is a pnssy.

I lost a lot of respect for both of them.

10. tfsails

tfsails Friend of Leo's

Some history here: It's 1986 at the old Richmond half-mile track. DW is leading the race with five laps to go and Dale Sr. is chasing him. DW has the inside line going into turn 3 and Dale intentionally comes down hard into his right rear. They both crash into the outside of 3 and collect the third- and fourth-place cars. Kyle Petty, cruising around in fifth, wins his first Winston Cup race that day.

When interviewed, DW was (naturally) hot! Dale said something along the lines of, "I didn't mean nothing by it--that's just racin'!".

At that time I was pulling for Earnhardt to beat Waltrip because DW was winning everything in sight.

Fast forward to North Wilkesboro's fall race in 1990: Earnhardt and Ricky Rudd were dicing for the lead on the last lap when they tangled in turn 1 and both go into the wall. Geoff Bodine, cruising around in 3rd, wins the race.

Earnhardt, when asked by ESPN "what happened?" said, "What happened? I'll tell you what happened! That sumbitch came up and knocked the **** out of me! That's what happened! They ought not let that sumbitch race here!"

I lost all respect for Dale Earnhardt that day. When he was the aggressor, it was "just racing". When he was the "victim", he whined that Rudd didn't belong on the racetrack. I became an "ABE" race fan--Anybody But Earnhardt. I didn't want to see him die like he did, but I was certainly no Earnhardt fan. I've never liked whiners and he was a whiner.

NASCAR did nothing to either Dale in 1986 or Ricky in 1990. There were no SAFER barriers back then, either.

Kyle Busch is arrogant, and extremely talented. Sooner or later somebody's gonna crash him hard. It's gonna hurt. Maybe then he'll learn. Maybe he'll get his ass royally kicked before that happens.

There are many who don't share my opinion of Earnhardt, but it's mine and as the past decade has passed, I haven't changed it. He, too, was an excessively talented driver. I wonder how he would have done in F1 or Indy cars.

11. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    Yup. I have never driven on a roundy-round track at high rates of speed.

I probably shouldn't be allowed to comment.

I have never flown a T-38 in formation. But I knew this was wrong the instant I saw it.

"Psychopath" is a good word to describe Busch.

Just like the lead pilot at Kinnick Stadium, Busch should have his wings clipped.

Permanently.

12. Telephx

Telephx Tele-Meister

It makes me sad but i have to agree with Fenderfiend, KyBu has reached the point where his reputation is damaging to Coach Gibbs'. Joe has stepped away from as much direct involvement with the team letting his son JD run it, but this really sucks. I find it hard to believe they haven't been trying to work with Kyle and his "problems" , rememeber this is the guy who sent Tony Stewart to anger management classes. Apparently, it hasn't worked. I find Coach's comment that "there's so many people to meet with" the most telling. It's hard to believe sponsors won't be some of those people Joe has to meet with.

13. Gilamnstr

Gilamnstr Tele-Afflicted

The Street Stock drivers at local tracks show more respect than that to each other (at least they do at all the local tracks I've attended over the years). They're not spoiled millionaires with big-money sponsors who just hand them a shiny new car when they wreck - they wrench on their own cars and have to repair (and pay for) the damage themselves, so they're a lot more reluctant to maliciously trash each others' cars like that. They also all have "day jobs" they depend on to provide their livelihood and nobody wants to see another driver disabled and unable to care for their family - or unable to race anymore because they can't afford a new car after somebody totals them by putting them into the wall.

They all know that "rubbin's racin'", but there's a big difference between bumping around with each other while jostling for positions and putting somebody into the wall under a caution flag. That's a punk move and anybody who tried it at our local track would be immediately stripped of all points and parked for the remainder of the season, if not permanently banned.

14. ESQUIRE JR

ESQUIRE JR Tele-Meister

They need to keep Cup drivers out of the other series! IMHO

15. Fenderfiend

Fenderfiend Tele-Meister

Man, you stole my thunder! :mad:

My post was going to be: Rubbin' is racing, but this was under CAUTION.
    (Class, can anyone tell me what the word "Caution" means?)

16. Telephx

Telephx Tele-Meister

This incident came up again on today's pre-race show...

Custom paint by Sam Bass, a very respected motorsport artist.

17. lewis

lewis Poster Extraordinaire

Kyle smashed a Gibson? He's my hereo.:lol:
    (Just kidding Gibson fans)

18. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Kyle's apology.......

To all,

I've had a lot of time today to sit and reflect, and try to put my thoughts into words as best I can.

I want to sincerely apologize for my actions during Friday night's Truck Series race at Texas.

I apologize to my fans, all my sponsors, everyone at Joe Gibbs Racing and Kyle Busch Motorsports.

After talking with my team, it's great to have their support and encouragement to assure me that there are better days ahead. Even though this took place while driving for Kyle Busch Motorsports, I am sorry for how difficult this has been for everyone associated with Joe Gibbs Racing's Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series teams.

I'd also like to apologize to Ron Hornaday Jr., and everyone associated with the No. 33 team in the Truck Series.

I understand why I was taken out of the car for the rest of the weekend. NASCAR officials had to act, and I accept their punishment and take full responsibility for my actions.

As a racecar driver, the hardest thing to do is to sit on the sidelines listening to cars on the track when you know you should be out there competing. For this, I have no one to blame but myself.

Through a lot of support from the people around me, I feel like I've made a lot of strides this year, but this was certainly a step backward. Moving forward, I will do everything I possibly can to represent everyone involved in a positive manner. However, I know my long-term actions will have more of a bearing than anything I say right now.

Sincerely,

Kyle Busch

19. boris bubbanov

You don't like theatre, do you? :D

You're reminding us that in a way, Buckocaster51 is right and NASCAR is a lot like WWF. Dale was just following the script. My point is, he could take it and he could give it out. AND, he could say the right BS thing to the ESPN guy when he was on camera. Sure I loved to be against the guy as I said above. I think there's a ton of room between a very clever and beloved, fearless old rascal and young Kyle - the out of bounds Psycho. You could drive 41 cars between them if you ask me.

++

I'd like to see the plea package the suits put together in North Carolina when Kyle got caught being a nut on the public streets there. Maybe there's a clause in it where they can tear up the agreement and have a new trial and revoke his NC driver's license permanently. Or maybe a clause is in it where he's violated the terms of the agreement and he has to turn himself in. Man, this has potential if the dam has finally broken and all the Kyle fans are denying they ever liked the guy. That would be cool. :D:D

(yes, I know Big Dale bumped a few people he knew in traffic and all that way back when. No need to roll that out).

20. Agave_Blue

Agave_Blue Friend of Leo's

[SARCASM]

Awwwww. :pupeyes:

He seems like such a sincere and humble guy. Let's give him another chance. Whaddya say fellas, huh?

[/SARCASM]

[CYNICISM]

He sure does have some cracker-jack writers on his PR staff though.

[/CYNICISM]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.