Kwerk's 2012 Challenge Build Thread -- COMPLETED

Guitarnut

Friend of Leo's
Very nice, Phil. Great imagination, beautiful execution and a funny video to top it off.

As cool as the guitar looks right now, can you imagine what it will look like when it starts to relic...it's gonna be fantastic!

Well done!

kwerk

Poster Extraordinaire
Very nice, Phil. Great imagination, beautiful execution and a funny video to top it off.

As cool as the guitar looks right now, can you imagine what it will look like when it starts to relic...it's gonna be fantastic!

Well done!

I got plenty of old Hawley/Downs plans that have all aged nicely!

It's probably not going to get a lot of wear on the wall. ;) (flyspots, on the other hand... :()

I do hope that if it is out of the case all the time that the paper might eventually yellow to a point it matches the paint. I'd be very happy if that happened, but the paper does have a fair amount of clear over it so it may be many years before it does.

alan.p

TDPRI Member
Legend, mate.

Someone asked earlier in the thread if you were putting camo on it, and your reply was something along the lines of sending it to Antartica. I reckon if you did, the icecaps would start growing. It's that cool!

anyone

Tele-Holic
Beautiful! Beautiful!

The build is a milestone in telecaster history, and the video is AWESOME!
You are humble man of many talents!

kwerk

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks Glenn!

I literally had half an hour of lunch break to shoot those pics. That's the storage area immediately behind my workplace.

nosmo

Friend of Leo's
Congratulations! Fantastic build. I sure am glad you didn't drop out early on. I knew if you just got your head out of the way it would be fine.

flatfive

Friend of Leo's
Congrats, Kwerk!!

Not only did you have an original (even mind-blowing) concept,
and meticulous execution, you also put a wonderful thought
(tribute to Ed and Terry) behind it.

Well-deserved!

ps hope to get the final version of the song posted in the
next day or two. Last night Garageband crashed and I lost
a couple of hours work.

nosmo

Friend of Leo's
Oh, by the way, next year I won't be a beginner - so if you start whining and threaten to drop out I will probably encourage you to do that :lol:

kwerk

Poster Extraordinaire
Oh, by the way, next year I won't be a beginner - so if you start whining and threaten to drop out I will probably encourage you to do that :lol:

Haha, fair call. :D

Thanks guys, it's been a fun ride once again. TDPRI is the best place on the net bar none.