Kwerk's 2012 Challenge Build Thread -- COMPLETED

Muzikp

Friend of Leo's
Oh great - what will you inspire me with this time? I'm still trying to master the roman numeral dot markers you turned me onto. No I haven't had much success in case you were wondering ;).

I really enjoyed your last years build, looking forward to this one.

kwerk

Poster Extraordinaire
Well, I'm not gonna tell you what I'm doing straight away, but it won't be anywhere near as complex a project as last year's was.

Still sticking with the weird materials though, this year I'm using a product called "wood". I have expectations it will work well for this kind of thing.

What I will say is that the guitar is a tribute to a couple of forum members. It would give the game away if I said anymore about that at this stage.

This will be my first guitar with a "painted" finish. I use the word "painted" with quotations becuse, well, you'll see why soon enough. I'm gonna get down to designing in the next couple of days, and hopefully have my materials/proof pic and a start made on them before the weekend, when the floodgates OPEN!!

kwerk

Poster Extraordinaire
Oh, and thanks for the kind words everyone. :)

Gotta remember to buy a couple of months paid subscription on Photobucket for uninterrupted viewing. I'll add that to the build list.

flatfive

Friend of Leo's
Phil, very glad you're participating.

You say that you've spent much less time thinking about
your entry this year.

I figure we can take the difference in spectacularness between
your entry this year and last, take the difference in how
many hours you planned, and get a spectacularness/hour
number for you. :lol:

Last edited: