1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Kustom Profile One PA

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by nojazzhere, Feb 3, 2020.

1. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

I should have asked you guys first, but I bought a used Kustom Profile One PA which is scheduled to come in tomorrow. I have a medium/small-sized PA, composed of a 200 watt Carvin mixer/amp and two old Sunn cabinets with 2X10" +piezo each, and I've wanted a smaller, easier to carry around PA for a while. This Kustom is 100 watts, with 2X6" speakers plus a small horn in each cab. Has anyone ever used one, and how did it do? The power should be fine, but I don't know how well the speakers will "project". My objective is for low volume rehearsals and intimate gigs. One advantage is I can mount the speakers on mic stands, and not have to use my large speaker stands. (which have a big "footprint")
    Thoughts?????? ....and thanks.

String Tree and BB like this.
  2. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

It should work very well for you. 10 years ago, I helped a buddy on his CD project. As a thank you, he bought me the same PA. It worked perfectly for my simple needs and actually put out quite decent sound and volume. We wound up using it for Worship practice and it did a great job. I also used it for acoustic guitar and ran an old V-AMP through it for some electric musings. Very nice sound and quality is a small package.

nojazzhere likes this.
  3. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

Thanks. My intention is to use it only for vocals, regardless of the setting.

4. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

It will certainly do the job. Enjoy!

nojazzhere likes this.
  5. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I think you will be just fine, given the parameters you have listed.
    Small, lightweight, and will probably just great at Practice Volume.

nojazzhere likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.