Kudos To The Members And Of Course...The Admins/Mods

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
But, but, but, my mommy told me I was special.

Actually, that is not true. She was nasty, abusive, explosive, short fused, self involved, and left my siblings and I with PTSD.

But still. "So [expletive] special, I wish I were special, but I'm a freak! I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doin' here? I don't belong here..."

There is that swear word again.

good point. I don't mean that people aren't special and singular, they are! and I love that each of us has our 'stuff'... friendships and relationships and getting along is not doting on the contents of the backpack we are wearing, we're all wearing them. It is listening and we help each other unload and examine what is in the pack and how it can help us.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
good point. I don't mean that people aren't special and singular, they are! and I love that each of us has our 'stuff'... friendships and relationships and getting along is not doting on the contents of the backpack we are wearing, we're all wearing them. It is listening and we help each other unload and examine what is in the pack and how it can help us.

Yeah, I did understood your first point. Far be it for me to not jump at the chance to post a bit of sarcasm though. Even though the Mom stuff was true. :cry:

Sorry about that - sometimes I just need to learn that my sarcastic responses are just not so special. :lol:

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Yeah, I did understood your first point. Far be it for me to not jump at the chance to post a bit of sarcasm though. Even though the Mom stuff was true. :cry:

Sorry about that - sometimes I just need to learn that my sarcastic responses are just not so special. :lol:
ha ha, no biggie. I am sorry about what happened to you though. You are right, you carry that stuff with you forever and it influences so many of the regular, day to day stuff you encounter....

I told my daughter once, 'you realize that whatever you experience in childhood, good or bad, will be the fuel for how you process and experience adulthood... you'll spend your adult life getting over your childhood and part of that is a lab where you will rear your own children while making sense and recovering from what you experienced.'

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I know you can't change the world in general, but even when I worked construction, and during my days driving truck, I tried to steer clear of strong language. It was quite a relief when I left that world and went back to more of an executive type of position when I finished out my days working as an outside guy for a hydraulic supply, and design company. It really is like there are two worlds out there, the world of Beavis and Butthead, and the real world where things get done.

Edgar Allan Presley

Friend of Leo's
My values are different from my parents, and hence, my notion of "bad" language is different, too. I don't like language that is abusive or demeaning, but I'm not bothered at all by course, frank, or blasphemous language. I don't mind this website's rules, though.

I've met many people who could say very unkind things with the cleanest language.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I was looking for an Dr. MLK Jr speech to post, or a speech by the guy on the US penny, but nah. Too many rules to be broken...

I don't care who it is, the best way to completely lose my attention, and cause me to walk away, is to start cursing, I guarantee you, you're not going to sell me anything after the foul language starts. If you're cursing me personally, the fight just started.

PS:

I'm like old George, I may be old, but I ain't impaired.

NWinther

Friend of Leo's
.....I think that I will just be silent on the subject...somewhat.... ;)
Most US Americans/some from the British islands/some South Africans/Canadians etc. etc. Are considered to be huge prudes here in the eyes of most people from around Europe and Scandinavia.
In many ways it is a funny act to most of us, along with the strange superficial facades that follows in our eyes, different cultures indeed.

Anyways I have family in the US and rather like them, but I always have to talk nice when they are around, it is ok but I do find it somewhat restraining and odd, so sometimes I just let it loose....everything can just become a tad too nice and polished.

My wifes family is mostly made up by christians, I myself went to a christian bording school when I was a teen, so I know the "culture".
Around my normal family when my parents where alive we just talked straight, I had well educated parents, my uncles and aunts and their kids where normal nice people, and swearing is normal.

Nothing super crude or toe curlingly offensive, just the usual everyday swear words...what is the big deal?
My family is polite and well mannered, helpful and nice, so there is that....

Anyways I understand why places as these forums must be kept relatively civil.
But it still makes me wonder how some can take offense to it, people are people, there is so many other things that I find a great deal more griveous than swearing.

oyobass

Tele-Meister
FB_IMG_1606853626781.jpg

So glad we don't see much of this here! Thanks, admins.