Kudos To The Members And Of Course...The Admins/Mods

ZackyDog

Friend of Leo's
I have a friend (jammed with in person a couple of times) who is an admin at another forum. There are some nice, like-minded members there but, a seemingly large percentage of members who swear and speak like drunk sailors. There are apparently no profanity rules in that forum. I'll bet they are a lot of fun at parties. I'll bet that they crash more parties than they are actually invited too. ;)

Thanks, be well and carry on.

Bluego1

Friend of Leo's
I have a friend (jammed with in person a couple of times) who is an admin at another forum. There are some nice, like-minded members there but, a seemingly large percentage of members who swear and speak like drunk sailors. There are apparently no profanity rules in that forum. I'll bet they are a lot of fun at parties. I'll bet that they crash more parties than they are actually invited too. ;)

Thanks, be well and carry on.
Link, please.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
People who swear all the time say they just can't help themselves when they swear. I had a golfing buddy who would make a sailor blush with his cursing, in fact I don't know if a rap artist could keep up with him. I told him one day, if you ever swear in front of my wife, we're done, if we are in a car and you do it, and it's my car you will be put out beside the road. He looked at me, got real red, and finally answered I won't swear in front of your wife. He never has. It can be controlled.

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
I have abandoned acquaintances over the practice.
I am no prude, and am known to emphasize with color, but the constant casual conversationalist who has the vocabulary of...

OK, I'll just stop there. No need to define or describe.
Just grow up, or go away.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I have abandoned acquaintances over the practice.
I am no prude, and am known to emphasize with color, but the constant casual conversationalist who has the vocabulary of...

OK, I'll just stop there. No need to define or describe.
Just grow up, or go away.

I'm old school, heck I'm old everything, but when I was a boy, I was taught not to swear in front of women, and I don't. I'm not saying I've never cussed, but I don't cuss around women, and children, and I try to limit my colorful language to special occasions.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
PS to the above post. I don't cuss in front of my children, and one of them has a grandbaby.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Yep! One of the things I really like about this place is people out here understand where the lines drawn for the most part, and the admins to a pretty darn good job of keeping things under control if things start to get squirrelly... I'll 2nd your kudos ;)

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I'm old school, heck I'm old everything, but when I was a boy, I was taught not to swear in front of women, and I don't. I'm not saying I've never cussed, but I don't cuss around women, and children, and I try to limit my colorful language to special occasions.
Amen!

Larry F

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
Growing up, our house had a driveway next to our neighbor's driveway, separated by a 5 foot parking strip. Standing on the strip near the front of their garages, dad and the neighbor Hank would yak until it got dark. I believe that they just discussed work and the political news of the day. When my dad was about to make a point that he felt strongly about, he'd say "damn it, Hank, ..." for emphasis. He didn't really swear much, usually just "damn it" when his hammer came down on a finger.

My brother is 14 years younger than me, and was a source of funny behaviors and speech. One day, at the age of 3-4, we were hanging out in the living room, each doing our own thing, when he tripped over his own feet and fell onto a speaker cabinet, bumping his head. He picked himself up, rubbed his head, and said "damn it, Hank." This became one of those childhood memories cherished by our family for over 50 years. My wife has even picked up on it, saying "damn it, Hank" instead of just "damn it" whenever something goes wrong in the kitchen.

Cesspit

Tele-Holic
I have been in 'uniform' for 35 or more years, rough, male dominated environment. Yup, we swore and my personal opinion is they are just words.

However, I don't swear in front of women or children and that's the right thing to do. I'm also glad it is not allowed on here so all's well.

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I am a sailor. Profanity is an ugly crutch and a weakness, not just practiced by sailors. I knew how to do it before becoming a sailor. It saddens me to see profanity becoming so prolific in scripts of movies and TV (where so many people take their steer). I am able to easily write/post without the gritty language, and over the years I've learned acceptable words to substitute for emphasis in day-to-day polite conversation. But---wind me up, and watch me go---not as easily controlled then. My hat is off to those able to brandish a finer tongue.

Be careful how you wire your brain...the rewire is a tough task.

Last edited: