1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Krystal Files For Bankruptcy!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Torren61, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

Or, as Delbert said--

"I won't let you go hungry, girl, I aim to please
    I got a glove box full of coupons good
    For a drink and a Krystal Cheese
    It don't matter to me baby, i just
    Wanna be with you
    I like to listen to Rock and Roll,
    But honey, I like a Two Step too."

Torren61 likes this.
  2. Brian J.

Brian J. Tele-Afflicted

grew up eating them in tennessee

Torren61 likes this.
  3. Chick-N-Picker

Chick-N-Picker Friend of Leo's

There is a Krystal close to me. I have actually never had their hamburgers but I really used to love to eat their little chickem sandwhiches called Chiks. I get them with nothing but ketchup. Also their chili cheese fries are good.

What they need to fix is the employees. They also need to fix the sweet tea because the one I have eat at is terrible tea.

Torren61 likes this.
  4. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Not the same as White Castle but similar.

Torren61 likes this.
  5. harold h

harold h Friend of Leo's

They recently had Nashville Hot flavored Chiks and they were really good
    but they discontinued them.

Way hotter than their Spicy Chiks.

6. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I haven't eaten a Krystal burger in a very long time. Way back they used to be pretty good, and they were one of the few places that was open late on weekends.
    The last time I tried a cheeseburger there, it seemed like the patty was about the same thickness as the cheese slice, no substance to it at all.

I used to eat breakfast at Krystal pretty often but it was just ok, nothing special.

There are no White Castles around these parts so I can't compare the two places.

And as is the case with MOST fast food joints, the employees make or break it for me.
    Chic Filet is the exception, they always have great service, it's a shame the other places can't seem to follow their example.

7. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Ringo, the Chik-Fil-A at the junction of Germantown (TN177) and the Wolf River is so close we walk past it all the time, and any drive into Cordova takes us past it. There's a double line out there, until closing time six days a week and the people sit and play with their phones, awaiting their chance to order, pay and eat.

It makes me wonder if there's some kind of magic elixir in that food, somehow. It seems to me to be neither here nor there. Why wait 30 minutes for moderately priced, somewhat bland food?

Guthrie's is about to open a location, up by Walnut Grove. We'll have to see if it draws customers away. Me? I eat the smoked chicken at One and Only's.

8. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

Maybe their CEO should work for $1 annually until things improve there! :eek::D

9. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

What? You expect a CEO to have skin in the game? That's virtually unheard of.

Hiker likes this.
  10. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Agreed--I think Krystal is better.

11. Kerberos

Kerberos Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Besides all the "Trendy" Foods, you know the Roasted Mashed Cauliflower & Peanut Butter on Toasted Oat Bread Sandwich along with your Double Whipped Latte with a Santiago Cinnamon Stick and two 1/2 pumps of Caramel, I think my wife has a good idea why these restaurants are having so much trouble. Social Media. She tells me of the endless complaints, and constant "Bitching" (can I say that here, don't mean to offend anyone) on line. Service was too slow, wrong order, she says it's non-stop. I was having lunch with a friend at the local White Castle. We go there quite often, even for just coffee. As regulars, we know all the people working there. A crew of all women run the place. They are white, black, Latino, and all very hard working, friendly and courteous. So this guy comes storming in, screaming at the top of his lungs, that he went through the Drive-Up, and had ordered Burgers, and received Cheeseburgers instead. The counter person apologized and said, we'll replace your order. This guy wouldn't quit. Like a crime against humanity was committed over a 69 cent hamburger. The counter person is trying to calm the guy, saying she didn't take or fill his order, relax we'll fix it. What kills me, there's a jerk and his wife sitting behind us, and the jerk says to his wife "He's right you know!" Really. I look at the workers, and try to imagine what it's like making minimum wage, making tiny hamburgers, Whoppers, Big Mac's, whatever, every day and having to put up with all the abuse. Then they go home and as the Comic Book Guy on the Simpson's said "Rest assured I was on the internet in minutes registering my disgust throughout the world.”

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    boris bubbanov likes this.
  12. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

There does seem to be a "system" like that now. Guy at the top, punches down on the people below him, and they in turn punch down on the people next in line below them. And down and down to the powerless customer at the Krystal who cannot punch down on anyone except the people working there. And so the question is, do the workers at Krystal go home and punch down on their kids and kick their dog?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.