1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

KRK 10S sub bass

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by 24 track, May 3, 2021.

1. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I was given a KRK 10S sub bass with the AMPK00118 back panel

91ZWnWrWtPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

going through this unit there 120 Volts hitting the power supply but zero volts out to the amp boards and output

the power supply is a self contained unit but in the infinite wisdom of the design gods they siliconed all of the components onto the PC's , this is an expensive sub with some serious qualifications. I was able to find and fix some suspect connections but full access to the board is akin to healing lepers ( it can be done under certain , specific conditions)

My question is .......
    Is there any companies that sell replacement parts or devices like this like the power supply board, other than full Compass.com?

( they dont have this unit ) the AMPK00118

I dont need the whole amp assembaly only the power supply board , HMMM

I know I'm peeing into a huricane here , but any help would be appreciated

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  2. Refugee

Refugee Tele-Meister

What did KRK say? We don't do parts? They should know how to get one.

24 track likes this.
  3. 24 track

on the KRK site it had the trouble shooting guide , which i did bfore I started to dismantle the unit and beyond changing the fuse and to insure the plug is in solid to the recepticle , it had nothing to offer , but it did have Long & Mcquade as their canadian service depot , and guess who has 2 thumbs and does L&M repairs .....MOI!:lol::lol::lol:

I did see some of the boards available in europe but these were the whole back pannel , I was going to try Yorkville in Toronto ( Long & Mcquade ) to see if the power supply only is avalable , the monitor sub is about 550.USD about 400 Used so its worth fixing . Full compass is a great resource for propriatory parts but did not have this model listed in inventory , Failing that I can get a few back plate 150 watt amps off of Ebay and can cut a new back pannel. but with the engineering and built in crossovers I thought it best to try to keep it stock.

Refugee likes this.
  4. Jon Snell

Jon Snell Tele-Holic

I expect the PCB components are covered in black goo.
    This goes conductive after a period of time and must be removed, thoroughly cleaned and corroded components replaced.
    In the UK we have laws in place protecting purchasers of sub standard equipment, (no pun intended).
    Under the consumer rights rules, electrical goods must be repairable and reliable for up to seven years from date of last manufacture.
    As KRK now use white non porous goo, they know they had a problem.

24 track likes this.
  5. 24 track

it seemed to be some form of silicon based what ever, it was easy to cut away but there are small components that are invisable because thet are completely encased not to mention the smd's burried in the stuff, also all of the screws and connectors were covered in a clear nail polish type lock tight to prevent tampering and fixing appearently LOL

6. Refugee

Refugee Tele-Meister

Long and McQuade? Sounds like a law firm. Cool you can do your own repair work. I'm STILL trying to figure out how to program my VCR. A what? A Video Cassette Recorder, VCR. What's a cassette? Never mind....LOL. Good hunting.

24 track likes this.
  7. 24 track

they are like guitar center, a large chain music store based on traynor and long who developed Traynor amps , they have their own line of products called yorkville ( which are not bad)

Refugee likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.