1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Kramer Focus VT-211S

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Ron C, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Ron C

Ron C Tele-Holic

I've built a bunch of partscasters over the years, sometimes from stock parts, sometimes from custom ordered stuff to get the neck radius, nut width, body carves etc. that I can't find off the shelf. And yes, the latter method costs a bundle and has a big wait time (more so now)

But sometimes I bump into a very low end budget guitar matches those not-the-usual-Fender specs. The $129 Kramer Focus VT-211s is like that: 12" radius, 1-11/16" c-shape neck, medium jumbo frets, SSH routing, nice finishes. Even a mahogany body.

I can do fret work, re-wiring, alignment corrections, etc to make just about any solid body playable, so I'm not concerned if not up to snuff out of the box.

But I'd love to hear from someone who has played one...does it have potential? or does it have some fatal flaws that reasonable amateur luthiery/electrical skills can't fix?

Thanks -
    Ron

upload_2021-4-16_15-0-18.png

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.