KOT/POT Alternatives

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by asatbender, Sep 22, 2013.

1. teleNtweed

teleNtweed Tele-Holic

As always, you are correct 11 gauge!

Actually, I remember when the BB V1 was out on shelves. They did not sell like hot cakes, at least from my perspective then. As I remember, SRV was really gaining major steam and folks were interested in tube screamers BIG time, or DS-1s to do the hair band thing. But I was just discovering the Beano album and when I plugged into the BB it was instant bliss. I did my horrible Clapton licks, hung my head and took me and my empty pockets home!

So when I found out that the KOT was a BB circuit with tweaks, I knew I had to check it out! Anyway, glad I did, it is a great pedal. I would love to have an original BB V1 but I am not a collector so I just stomp on the KOT everyday but the BB V1 does hold a special place in my heart!

2. 11 Gauge

11 Gauge Doctor of Teleocity

Nor am I! Luckily, the BB V1 circuit is in many ways even more simple than the TS. But they are all the right ones, IMO.

I actually had a Drivemaster donated to me fairly recently. I cleaned it up and did a few things to it (those were Guv'nors with a few odd component variations), but it's too big to commit to a pedalboard. Its saving grace is that it could fall from 8' and the worst that would happen is a knob might get sheared off. :eek:

I have to admit that I like that older pedals actually had special enclosures made. The forward slope on those old Marshalls was cool. The knobs were somewhat protected. I didn't like that the jacks were on the backside, but when you have a pedal that wide, jacks on the sides become sort of a design issue.

I talk about my favorite classics all the time, and the V1 BB and Hot Cake get the award for being very simple designs that are easy to produce and are just as easy to dial in for a mildly clipped OD tone.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.