Klon shootout - ARC/Soul Food/Mosky/Wampler

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by OttoCorrect, May 3, 2019.

1. OttoCorrect

OttoCorrect Tele-Meister

Man does this guy do the best shootout vids:

seanmarshall9 likes this.
  2. Uncle Butch

Uncle Butch Tele-Meister

I use a Soul Food, I think it does a good job for the money.

Bodie Dennis and RadioFM74 like this.
  3. telefunken

telefunken Friend of Leo's

This Centura is supposed to be an exact copy. I don't know if that's true, it's just awesome!! 20190201_141356.jpg

Paul in Colorado likes this.
  4. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

These demos are kind of funny.. the Klon was designed to be used on a tube amp that was already turned up loud and right on the verge of breakup.

This demo is on a Modeler setup clean...

I have owned the Soul Food and currently own the Tumnus Deluxe.. not sure I am keeping the Tumnus Deluxe long term either though.

The Klon Circuit on top of being designed for a loud tube amp on the verge of breakup also seems biased towards an amp that has naturally flat or scooped mids..

I have lots of mids on my amp, the Soul Food sounded terrible (nasal) with any gain if the amp was setup cleanish. On a dirty setup amp it was pretty good. The Tumnus Deluxe does a lot better as you can adjust the mids to match the amp. But it's still very fiddly for me.

I like the Tube Screamer a heck of a lot more on my Amp which is funny cause that is a mid humpy pedal too. But the tone knob on the Tube Screamer actually shifts where the mid-hump between 800hz-3Khz in a way that allows you to not boost the same frequencies the amp has a lot of... The Klon's mid-hump is more fixed around 1Khz.

5. teledude66

teledude66 Friend of Leo's

I have the Tumnus, and love it.

I really replied just so I could say Otto Correct, would've been a cool Dick Tracy villain name...lol.

OttoCorrect likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.