KISS is now in the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame!!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Big_Bend, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

While I won't go so far as to say that KISS was the ONLY reason that I picked up the guitar, they were one of my earlier influences. I was born in 1971, and saw KISS for the first time in 1975 and still have my original KISS and Destroyer albums from then. I don't bust out the vinyl that often anymore, but still listen to those same songs from then and to my ears they still sound like how I remember rock and roll growing up.

I mean, who can deny KISS Alive at BUDOKAN!! :twisted:

2. Veggie burger

Veggie burger TDPRI Member

I remember reading an article in the 90's, shortly after the original line up got back together, that listed how many modern rock guitar players who were giving credit to Ace as their inspiration for wanting to learn how to play guitar. And the sheer spectacle of the modern rock concert owes much to Kiss. Destroyer, Dressed to Kill, Love Gun - all great albums. They were a band that launched many kids to want to form a band, and their music was much more accessible to someone just starting out, in comparison to say trying to learn Floyd or Zeppelin.

3. Greg M

Greg M Tele-Holic

Other members:
    ABBA
    Public Enemy
    Donna Summer
    Run DMC
    Nat King Cole
    Bill Monroe

Rockin' bunch there, huh? :D:lol:

4. Tazz3

Tazz3 Friend of Leo's

It's awesome I was in kiss army when I was a kid,
    The rock and roll hall of fame have no clue on what they are doing its a bunch of bs.why is run DMC and public ememey in there there freaking rap.
    They don't belong either does abba

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.